Slideout Hydraulic Line Routing

Is there any info on the routing of hydraulic lines for the slide outs? I’m able to get the hose part # AP5924  (228” long) on the end that attaches to the pump up front. Tried to follow it but good luck doing that! Called HWH and they’re to busy. 

2003 Monaco Dynasty Regal

Thanks

You just want to trace the existing hose?  Maybe have someone tap one end with a wrench and feel the vibrations at the other end of the raceway tube?  Even pushing the slide in/out might cause enough vibration on that hose . . . . or listen through a stethoscope (maybe).

Just throwing ideas out there.

- bob

Judging by the length, it is for a front slide. In my case it would go over 2 baggage compartment ceilings (accesible) and a fuel tank, don't think it would be too much trouble once pushed through the front seal between rails. If it is the one going to sync cylinder, even better. The old hose is gonna be tie wrapped so it would likely stay in place.

Thanks for everyone’s input. All are great ideas. I noticed the t-fitting on the aluminum pump block had a nick on the male ferule part, so I replaced the Tee and crossing my fingers. If not I’ll order the hose from HWH and go that route! Thanks again!

Attached is the info on HWH Hose and fittings (HWH pulled this info down in 2017). Everything crosses over to Parker stuff and any Parker Portable Crimper  with the correct dyes will work. I've fixed 7 different leaks at crimped fittings. P/N for the female JIC fitting is 10656-4-4. I think the replacement hose info is 1/4" Parflex hose 100R8, P/N 520N-4 but I've never needed any. The only real challenge is getting enough hose out to the crimper, more of an issue in the back. ALL the hoses I've done have lots of extra, it's just coiled up in the Bay overhead between the frame rails.

The HWH hose on my rig has an outer protective plastic jacket with tiny pin hole "weep" holes in it. When it leaks at the crimp it fills the area between the core and jacket for several feet and will force or "leak" fluid for several days after the repair when under pressure so don't give up on your repair prematurely. Clean throughly with a good degreaser a couple times. I have never had a problem from any of the fittings I've replaced over the last 5 years.

Portable crimper runs $100.00 a day rental last year. They may have different types, either hand, elec or pneumatic.

Hope this helps.

20231130_221613.jpg

20231130_221150.jpg

20231130_221028.jpg

20231130_221018.jpg

More HWH Hose info, they sold a portable manual crimper for awhile.

20231130_224345.jpg

20231130_224405.jpg

20231130_224415.jpg

I'm fairly certain HWH does not manufacture their own hose, they just have their own specs and the finished product is labeled HWH.

Excellent info Old Dog, I did see that on the HWH site. I called them and the tools for the 1/4” hose is a little over $1000 . I could buy it and offer to make hoses for other members. I’m going to buy some ends though and have them on hand just in case! And a 228” hose for $65.00 from HWH. Thanks for the info.

Now that had to take a couple of days. There’s a bunch of zip ties and that black foam sealant and very cramped places. I’m 6’ and a couple hundred pounds, 64 years young and trying to contort my body into those areas is tough. And not to mention it’s only in the teens here in Montana! It sure would be nice to have a heated shop. Maybe I’ll try to convince my wife and the city to let me build one.