Looking for a little insight into consignment sales near Phoenix AZ

With much reluctance we need to sell our 09 Camelot 40QDP.  We have not used this coach for a couple of years now & it is just sitting in storage deteriorating.  We realize we are going to take a beating selling it but currently have no place to display it for sale nor do we have the patience/time to accommodate the looky-loo's & tire-kickers. 

Has anybody here used or dealt with any consignment operations in the greater Mesa/Phoenix area or does anybody have any recommendations as to whom to use or avoid?

Any info would be appreciated.

We advertised our coach in RV Trader and people came from all over the country to look at it.  The 3rd look made the purchase.

We did not park it in public.  Because it was in good condition we got asking price, but during inspection found a few items to repair ~$10,000.

This is typical if you don't use it enough to know its condition as in our case.  Our daughter and son-in-law had taken it over for the last 5 years.

Still walked away with $$$ so very satisfied.

Thanks to all who responded.  I realize this is not the best time to be selling aa big expensive toy to the next generation but it's bleeding us and I need to be shed of it.

We had it on RV Trader about 18 months ago & got no (0) responses period.  I had a couple of tire kickers waste my time with tours whom I never heard from again while I had it here in our park with a "For Sale" sign concurrently with the ads and that was it.  I started by giving $700 to some outfit out of Omaha who put ads on multiple sites with the pictures that I supplied without any updates or responses after coming up with what they called a decent price.

Trinidad Dave: How long has RV Arizona had your rig & have you had any offers?
Luther Taylor: Thanks for the heads up on insurance...would you use full coverage or ???
6Wheels: How/where would you look to get a realistic estimate of what your rig is worth?

I am now 76 & don't have the money/energy/patience to make it "like new" and then deal  with the general public; hence my decision to consign. 

Thank you again for your input & suggestions

Somewhere between 98-118k depending on condition and how it shows, mileage, service history.

If it is not in good shape you could get less.  Allow a discount of up to 20% if you don't want to bring it into top shape.

per NADAguides: 

2009 Monaco Camelot Series M-40QDP 425hp Cummins Prices and Used Values | J.D. Power (jdpower.com)

Now there is only one rig on RV Trader and he is high, very high.  

2009 Monaco Camelot Series M-40QDP 425hp Cummins Prices and Used Values | J.D. Power (jdpower.com)

Get good pictures, use a good camera (minimum 1080P)  Take time to describe the rig as if you were buying it.  

Good luck!

Bill, My motorhome has been in Arizona two months. I  haven't had any offers.  Although I would like to sell it, I am not really pressed to sell.  My focus has been preparing my house and relocating out of California.  I came here 54 years go in the military.  It's just time.

Good luck!

21 hours ago, billgr0248 said:

Thanks to all who responded.  I realize this is not the best time to be selling aa big expensive toy to the next generation but it's bleeding us and I need to be shed of it.

We had it on RV Trader about 18 months ago & got no (0) responses period.  I had a couple of tire kickers waste my time with tours whom I never heard from again while I had it here in our park with a "For Sale" sign concurrently with the ads and that was it.  I started by giving $700 to some outfit out of Omaha who put ads on multiple sites with the pictures that I supplied without any updates or responses after coming up with what they called a decent price.

Trinidad Dave: How long has RV Arizona had your rig & have you had any offers?
Luther Taylor: Thanks for the heads up on insurance...would you use full coverage or ???
6Wheels: How/where would you look to get a realistic estimate of what your rig is worth?

I am now 76 & don't have the money/energy/patience to make it "like new" and then deal  with the general public; hence my decision to consign. 

Thank you again for your input & suggestions

At least make sure it’s covered if it’s stolen, and damaged. Had a friend had his stole from a consignment lot. Just check with your insurance company as to what you need to do.