Looking to upgrade side view cameras

Did you look in the classifieds for an ad?

Personally, the side view cameras are a waist of money and time unless you have a DVR device that records the video while underway in case there was an accident.

I installed a very expensive set of new Ramco In-Vue Mirrors on my previous Windsor that I got off of eBay really cheap. I found that looking at the camera monitor was distracting and reduced my ability to keep my eyes on the road in front of me. It was far more useful to glance over and  use the mirrors to see what was at my sides versus the camera monitor. However, my Windsor did have a DVR recording device so it wasn't a complete waist of time and money for me. I was towing a 30 foot cargo trailer at the time which had four video cameras that allowed me to see each side of the trailer, the rear of the trailer and monitor the cargo inside of the trailer.

• Like 2

I have a 2007 Diplomat with the same challenge.  Both side cameras are foggy and I am seeking a replacement.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Still miss the Gatherings at Lazy Days.

Thanks in advance,

Lee P

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted Paul Whittle regarding my cameras. He had what I needed and I was able to replace on the rig without removing the mirrors. The hardest part of the job was replacing the screws and getting the old hardware to work smoothly. Other than that cameras work great. Thanks again Paul It was great speaking with you

rv.jpg

camera1.jpg

camera2.jpg