06 Diplomat kitchen sink replacement

I assume the kitchen sink in my 06 Diplomat is acrylic. The left side sink is larger than the right side. Although there is a defining line, the actual white sink appears to be part of the above marble colored countertop. Has anyone successfully replaced the two lower sink portions with stainless Steel sinks? Is this possible, or is the countertop and sink one unit?

Most of the time the sink bowl is glued to the countertop and then routed / sanded / polished so the parting line disappears.

You could have the current bowl cut out and a new, larger stainless sink replace it.  New sink has to be wider than the hole would be.  If you look at the outside edges of the bowl, that will be close to the dimension of the new cutout.

As @DavidL says, the countertops are Corian, and the sink bowls are also made of Corian and glued to the bottom of the countertop, then polished. 

I’m sure a SS sink could be mounted underneath, but I would be concerned about damaging the countertops in the process of removing the sinks. You would also need to rout the edges so they mated with the new sink.  

Maybe someone who has worked with Corian and is more knowledgeable will speak up.  

if they are looking rough, you can polish (sand) them so the look better.  

7 hours ago, Kenster said:

Boy that sure does sound like a lot of work. There's nothing wrong with my existing sinks, I simply prefer stainless.

Mine is like described and a Corian type material.  I would just buff it out like new and forget the stainless, until and unless it becomes necessary.

My wife lets bleach in hot water make them shine white like new. The corian can be brought back like new. Changing the sink looks like a real chore to me as well.