Air dumping from bags spontaneously

2006 HR Navigator 43PBQ, DD60 515hp.

So I can start engine have air to 120 front and rear tanks. Press the HWH air button twice to level coach. When level air light goes to fast blink. I then turn off engine. After 25 minutes the rear dumps air from bags then right after the front dumps air. 

I find no leaks or other indicators. I also have had no luck searching the internet, here and irv2. Anybody have any ideas for next steps?

Chris

Fast blinking after it is level? Does not sound right compared to mine eventhough you likely have a different version, mine just stays steady ON. I would try to turn auto leveling OFF and then leave it in manual mode, do you get a yellow light for the front by the 25 minute mark when the system would have otherwise woken up if in auto? Just to get some understanding what triggers the rear dump which apparently gets overdone if really needed. If you have a reset button, you could try that first. 

• Like 1

What does the HWH Control Panel display after the air dumps? I had an issue with my HWH system dropping out of Travel Mode all the time.  After talking to HWH I completely dumped all of the air out of the system and then re-leveled which solved my problem.  

Wow, a Detroit 60 Series Navigator.  And 2006 is a great year as you get the Intellitec multiplex system, a Magnum inverter and the HWH air system.  That is one nice coach!

Try leveling after you shut down the engine.  Turn the ignition back to on or accessory and first manually lower the coach most of the way.  Then depress the air button twice to level.  This will level the coach at the lowest point and it will be more stable.  

Good luck!

• Like 1

On my system the light blinks rapidly also once level so that is functioning properly. When you say the are “dumps” does it actually dump like when the lower button is depressed or is it more like a significant leak? Might try turning the system off once leveled to see if it makes a difference

29 minutes ago, Chargerman said:

On my system the light blinks rapidly also once level so that is functioning properly. When you say the are “dumps” does it actually dump like when the lower button is depressed or is it more like a significant leak? Might try turning the system off once leveled to see if it makes a difference

Good question!

If the rear was leaking, and the leveling system set to 'Auto', it may wake up and lower the front to re-level.

• Like 1

I have been away from coach for a few days and old memory what it is I cannot answer all accurately. I will dig into answers Saturday when back. Thanks for all the suggestions and advice. 

Chris

On 2/22/2024 at 4:36 AM, Duffer51 said:

What does the HWH Control Panel display after the air dumps? I had an issue with my HWH system dropping out of Travel Mode all the time.  After talking to HWH I completely dumped all of the air out of the system and then re-leveled which solved my problem.  

When air dumps the panel shows air light red, front and right levels yellow, all 4 warning lights red. 

On 2/22/2024 at 11:22 AM, vito.a said:

Wow, a Detroit 60 Series Navigator.  And 2006 is a great year as you get the Intellitec multiplex system, a Magnum inverter and the HWH air system.  That is one nice coach!

Try leveling after you shut down the engine.  Turn the ignition back to on or accessory and first manually lower the coach most of the way.  Then depress the air button twice to level.  This will level the coach at the lowest point and it will be more stable.  

Good luck!

This seemed to work but right side was low. Will do more investigation on this. 

On 2/22/2024 at 2:44 PM, Chargerman said:

Makes no difference

• 2 weeks later...

We worked on this a good bit today. Here are the results.

If I maunally raise the coach all the way, the air does not dump out after 45mins.

If I do an auto level the air dumps as described above.

Did find out I may have an air line swapped with another. If I press the rear lower button, the front right lowers. Hum the wonders of used coaches.

Still looking for advice.

Chris

What model HWH do you have, 600 or 2000 or something else. So what happens when you try to lower the front axle if front right is controlled by rear? I can't imagine swapped air lines between front and rear if the respective sixpacks are above their axles. On the other hand, swapping solenoid leads on controller side is possible but unlikely by mistake since they go to different multipin connectors (at least on 600, don't have a 2000), front and rear separately. Also, has it been doing it since you got the coach or just happened for no reason?

Suggest you contact Paul at AZPETE on the Irv2 forum. He works for HWH and can answer your questions. His email is pfmaddox@att.net and his phone number is 602-549-3638. He is a Commercial Member and has posted that his phone is always on, and if not answered, leave a message.

He has helped others, including me, on this forum and I am sure he can help you.