What are these pressure switches? What do they do and will them mess up Cruise Control?

Looking for information on just where I can purchase these solenoids. I believe they have something to do with the cruise control. They are mounted on the firewall on the drivers side in the generator compartment. Thanks...

20240303_112424.jpg

Pressure switches. One pair for brakes, the other to disable cruise. If you are certain they are bad, they typically have a visible part number on them to Google. Since they are simple 2 wire switches, there should be plenty of hits for them on the net.

1 hour ago, ktloah said:

Ok, I will check for the #'s. Any idea what the bottom part of this is?  Thank you

Do you mean the parts circled in red? These should be your cruise cancel pressure switches, normally closed. The two large round ones above would then be low pressure brake switches, normally open. The part numbers would give it away.

Screenshot_20240304_191614_Chrome.jpg

Ok thanks...my Cruise works intermittently...hoping replacing these will solve my problem....thanks again

Hey Steve, not sure they are bad, but the cruise cancel solenoid is suspect

Yup, 04 Dynasty Robert...

They are easy to test before throwing parts at it and to confirm which is which. As Chargerman said, the likelihood that both in the pair are bad is not great, possible but worth testing first with a simple ohm meter or whatever circuit tester. Open vs closed with brakes applied and released, with air in tanks of course. 

50 minutes ago, ktloah said:

Ok thanks...my Cruise works intermittently...hoping replacing these will solve my problem....thanks again

When my cruise control was acting up it turned out to be the primary fuel filter clogging.   Strange but true.   Is it time?

- bob

• Like 1

• Tom Cherry changed the title to What are these pressure switches? What do they do and will them mess up Cruise Control?