Strange (to me) coach leaning resolved

Go to solution Solved by Ivan K,

• Solution
5 minutes ago, Jim Pratten said:

Interesting and good job troubleshooting.  I’m almost dangerously smart on how HWH works and appreciate insight like this. Am I correct in guessing it was the rear six pack?

Yes, correct, it was drive axle sixpack valve letting air into the bags in my case.

6 minutes ago, Jdw12345 said:

So you must carry a generous supply of spare parts to cover the air leveling system also then?

Haha, yeah but mostly parts to repair the large parts, not necessarily to replace them.

Hi Ivan, so far we have not had to deal with any air problems on our new to us Dynasty, but I have been reading and trying to prepare for the "when" it happens.  You initially said that the drivers side dropped,  but then the passenger side raised, and you fixed that, so did the DS not drop?

We have gathered a few hydraulic bits but have no pneumatic spares yet and wondering if there are lists of suggested parts for the various models, hoping... thankyou so much for sharing. 

Trevor 

Yes, both statement are true. The driver side dropped because of weight transfer when passenger side raised. Once the air leak inflating the passenger side was eliminated, it stays level at correct hight now. All this was happening with air leveling OFF.

As far as spare parts, the easiest in this case would be to have a complete spare sixpack valve, depending on manufacturer of your system they are different. I carry one complete spare valve but also have several sets of orings, plungers and a coil to repair a malfunctioning valve if I wasn't in a hurry to just get on the way. The list could be never ending, I just get some extras when I have to fix something, for next time.

• Like 1

Ivan, is there an Oring kit available for the HWH system valves/solenoids?  That is something I have not really been into yet. I am just thinking this is something good to have on the road while traveling if you have a leak severe enough to keep you from moving? I have a pretty good supply of lines and fittings. Thanks

2 hours ago, Lionel said:

Ivan do you have a part number or source for the sixpack valve.

Lionel

Lionel, this is how I got my spare recently, for HWH. Coaches without tag, they all will have 3/32 orifice. Tag coaches will also have 2 valves with 5/32 orifice, not important enough to have a spare on hand, for me.

20240311_114545.jpg

3 hours ago, rustykramermetalfab said:

Ivan, is there an Oring kit available for the HWH system valves/solenoids?  That is something I have not really been into yet. I am just thinking this is something good to have on the road while traveling if you have a leak severe enough to keep you from moving? I have a pretty good supply of lines and fittings. Thanks

Rusty, I heard that HWH sells oring kits but they apparently don't include the third, internal ring. I ordered my spares from theoringstore.com with the following dimensions. Some prefer viton rings, nothing wrong with an overkill but I went with cheaper fluorocarbon (18 each for complete rebuild on a tag rig) since we are dealing with air, not diesel and such in the leveling system. 

Screenshot_20240311_120309_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks Ivan, will be working on my shopping list while in the US, read somewhere that a levelling valve would be good, are they a generic thing or Monaco specific?

Not sure about your weight transfer theory, maybe you would expect a leak to cause a drop? (think weight transfer causing a lean would be a dynamic/cornering condition)

Thanks again, Trevor 

Depending on make of your leveling system, the valves could be different. I only know HWH type which was used by other MH manufactures as well. Don't know who made them, doubt they are made in house by HWH but simply don't know. I sourced some old stock Skinner plungers and they fit fine, all I can tell. Coincidence? Maybe.

If you want to disprove the weight transfer theory, raise one side by 2" and see what happens to airbag hight on the other side.

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing the information, Ivan! After talking to you, I did discover that I had 3 low pressures switch 20 PSI and other leaks. Waiting for it to come in from HWH. In the means time started replacing the front air bags. The last 4 bags. The front has a 3/4 “air line with a 1 1/8 compression nut on it. What make ready bad is there is hardly any room on the back 2 bag.

Ivan is this the plunger you are talking about? The silver piece in the middle. Would you have the part #? Thanks

image.png.821b0790719c9658738eda80f8ab6c69.png

Duey, yes that is the plunger I had to replace, the plastic face insert was leaking. As far as I know, there is no known part number to obtain it individually but Harry has posted a link for possible alternative part not long ago. I have not used it but seems promising:

https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-1975-kip-valves-pa-2x1138-ac-plunger-assembly-for-2x1138-24-60-solenoid-valve.aspx

When I first bought my Dynasty the front driver side leaned after 15 min. I went to Josams and they replaced a hose and an air bag. Then the passenger side started leaking down slowly….probably was always leaking but slower so I never noticed it. A year later went back to Josams and had 3 air bags replaced and everything seemed ok for a short time. Passenger side started leaking slowly again so this year I  went back and they found another problem up front and fixed it. We camped for a week and all was good then I came home two weeks ago and parked it at our lot. I went over yesterday and guess what passenger side was down again. I have been under there so many times spraying for leaks and have replaced many fittings myself as well as Josams fixing it and still this persistent leak. They have checked the 6 packs and not found a problem. The rear has all the original air bags and never leaks only the front passenger where all the bags have been changed as well as hoses and many fittings. I guess I’m just destined to put my blocks of wood between the frame as I have been doing since I have owned it.