Hello everyone 

Yesterday and today while going abt 60mph with the Cruise control on, I had a momentary decrease in power, I looked down and the warning light was lit for about 1 second.

I checked on my Silverleaf and I have the following:

ENG PID 94 42 Fuel delivery pressure- Abnormal change 

The rig ran fine for about 5 hrs (mostly on cruise) and ran fine for abt 1 hrs after with cruise off.

How do I find details on this PID?

I seem to be lost on the Cummins site.

Notes: 2000 Dynasty ISC350. I have installed the FASS and the fuel pressure was 16 or 17 psi both times (right in the normal range).

thanks

4 hours ago, Rocketman3 said:

Hello everyone 

Yesterday and today while going abt 60mph with the Cruise control on, I had a momentary decrease in power, I looked down and the warning light was lit for about 1 second.

I checked on my Silverleaf and I have the following:

ENG PID 94 42 Fuel delivery pressure- Abnormal change 

The rig ran fine for about 5 hrs (mostly on cruise) and ran fine for abt 1 hrs after with cruise off.

How do I find details on this PID?

I seem to be lost on the Cummins site.

Notes: 2000 Dynasty ISC350. I have installed the FASS and the fuel pressure was 16 or 17 psi both times (right in the normal range).

thanks

Cummings uses codes based on those generated from their own proprietary Insite software.  You will find conversion tables on the internet but are you sure Silverleaf is seeing engine code spn 94 fmi 42?  I don't see this as mapping over to a Cummins code based on a quick internet search.

Typically fuel delivery pressure codes are associated with a fuel filter plugging, or a flue pressure sensor/electronic signal issue.

I was having trouble logging into the Cummins Quickserve site, finally resorted to calling 1-800-Cummins and talked to rep.  He said about a month ago Cummins did a software update.  The login page now requires an email type login so I had to go through the process of creating a whole new account, finally got that done.

So I tried to do a Fault Code lookup/search  Like Frank said, the 94-42 is not a valid fault code.

Can you check the diagnostic page again on your Silverleaf to confirm

Back last Oct as I was heading west my check engine line flashed, did not stay on.  But the further I drove the more it flashed and at some point the light would come on and engine would derate.  Not Good.

I had a 94-2 fault code which has to do with the fuel pressure circuit being erratic.  I down loaded the trouble shooing info from Quickserve and followed the steps.  I ultimately removed the pressure sensor from the top of the CAPS pump, inspected the wiring, cleaned it, and put it back making sure the wiring harness was tight.  As an observation the wires going to the harness were pretty tight.  Put it all back together and that did it, finished my trip, probably driving another +2500 miles. 

I did check on a new sensor while I was in Kansas but none to be found, ~$400. 

I did look up the pressure sensor part, there was a new part, which consisted of a bracket to help support the wiring harness.  So I suspect the problem was the snap lock harness was working loose!.  So I have plans to add some zip ties to take some of the weight off the wiring, still have to do that and since my wife is planning a trip in ~6 weeks I better get on it.

Attached is the info I had on the 94-2 fault code. 

94-2_Fuel Press Sensor Circuit.pdf