Accessory USB hub

What are you doing for a USB hub to run Dash mounted accessories like phone chargers, navigation, Tire monitors and a potpourri of other accessories? Either behind the dish or mounted to the Dash.

On my Cayman I found a spare 12v wire in the rats nest under the drivers left side control station (under transmission selection and all the rocker switches).  I purchased a few extra rocker switches, an in-line fuse holder and a USB power supply from Amazon, controlled by the new rocker switches in place of the blank fillers.  I then cut a notch for the wiring in the cover material of the control station and routed the cable to my tablet and chargers on the left side of the dash.   Tablet is for Bluefire, and then a USB female end for whatever else I may need, like for a phone charger or GPS. I’ll be heading over to the Moho this aft and will grab a couple pics to post if you’d like. 

• Like 1

We use a cigarette adapter for 2 ports. I also installed a 2 port outlet with 2 usb ports as an extension of the cigarette ports as the usb current draw is very low. 
These are on the passenger side and the plan is to move the usb outlet on the passenger side to the driver side and install a different 2 port usb without a voltage display where the current usb port is. The usb with the voltage display will be hooked up tho the chassis side so that I can see the battery voltage. The cigarette outlets and existing usb outlets are on the house 12v system  

IMG_0616.jpeg

Edited by Martinvz
Added picture

We use ones similar to this one  in three location secured using VHB tape:

• Cabinet above windshield for router, jet packs . . .
  • Dash for iPad, Garmen, TPMS . . .
  • Bedroom TV cabinet for rechargable flashlights, family radios . . .

Another consideration is how to connect these and other 12vdc devices to coach power. I’m not a fan of cigarette lighter sockets used for 12vdc power.  Wherever we need to make a portable 12vdc connection, we use Anderson Powerpole connectors.  When we replace a cigarette lighter outlet, I’ve used these.  

Edited by Jim Pratten
Added content.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For the driver's area I ran a 10 gauge wire up from the electrical control box below the driver's window into the dash area.  I then mounted a dual receptacle surface mounted on the lower edge of the dash.

17107083038517255422268466300074.jpg

• Like 1

I looked at those and the wiring was way too light to suit me.  I used little appliances that let me run my chosen gauge of wire up to a 1/4 inch female blade connector.

On 3/17/2024 at 3:45 PM, TomV48 said:

For the driver's area I ran a 10 gauge wire up from the electrical control box below the driver's window into the dash area.

I like that idea, more than tapping an existing wire.