Fresh water valve

Has anyone replaced the fresh water valve on their Dynasty? I Think my valve is bad backfilling back in the freshwater hose. I’m wondering if I can get to it without taking the whole assembly apart to get to it?

Thanks Don 

Yes you can enter behind the water area by going into the smaller cargo door to the left of the water bay. On the right side wall of the cargo bay, slide the carpeted wall to the left which will expose the area behind the water system. There you will find an in line check valve that you will replace. 

Oh so it’s a check valve I need to replace not the fresh water valve itself? Garry do you know if I can get that valve At Lowes?

Don

It’s fixed there was a portable rv guy here working on another vehicle he had one on his truck and changed it for me. Thank you gentlemen for the help. I’m praying I can get in and out of the Cummins shop on Monday and get back on the road 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Don

I was just reading this thread and do not understand the symptoms of the failed check valve and why replacing with a ball valve would be a good solution.. we are in the gaining knowledge phase of owning our 2006 Dynasty and will be for a long time..  I think of rotary unions and slip rings failing as well.. hoping someone will take a minute. We don't have any plumbing stuff, yet..

Thanks

Trevor & Laura 

Hi,Trevor the check valve keeps the water going through your fresh water hose from running BACK out of your hose. The slip rings on my generator have failed and I’m on my way home to replace them if that’s the rings you’re talking about? I have never done that repair before but some of the guys on here have so I’ll keep you guys updated.  Welcome to the forum.

Don

I was thinking there would be slip rings in the middle of the 50A cord reel, which needs lots of help to rewind.. So does the check valve come into play if you are using the 12v pump? nice and automatic,  would you have to go to a ball valve every time?

Trevor 

It is a violation of code to connect to city water systems without a check valve.  What if you had mold or disease in your tank and you sent it to the guy parked next to you becasue you do not have the safety feature of a backflow preventer?