Big green tubing leaking air

Go to solution Solved by jacwjames,

I recently changed out the air dryer and knew I had this leak prior but I wanted to change out the dryer first for obvious reasons. The big green tube is leaking air on top of the tank right where it goes into the push fitting because it's at an angle and not straight out for 6 plus inches first before routing. My question would be can I add some tube using an inline connector?

20240406_143253.jpg

20240406_143357.jpg

20240406_143613.jpg

20240406_143253.jpg

20240406_143357.jpg

20240406_143613.jpg

Sorry for the duplicate pics

Yes, I had to do the same on  a ~30' long connection between tanks. If it was just a short run, i would replace it. Don't understand why some of the lines were cut so short. I used DOT compression fitting so there would not be an other potential leak point. NAPA sells tubing per foot.

• Like 2

• Solution

You can download the air system schematic and might tell you where the line goes & purpose. 

When I worked on my air system I had one larger hose/tube that was coming in at an angle and had a small leak.  I replaced the Push to Connect fitting with a Compression type and got it to seal right up.

35 minutes ago, Chuck H said:

Well I tried to find where to download the schematic and I couldn't find it. Can you tell me how to accomplish that?

I would also know how  find and download the air system schematic for my 2006 Cayman 37 PBD.  My tanks were leaking down pretty fast.  Three days ago we found two 90 degree push-in fittings on the bottom of the front air tank leaking.  I replaced them with compression fittings.  Also found that the air line going to the left rear air spring was pinched by the upper shock mount bolt and was leaking.  Repaired that one with a compression coupling.  Its definitely not leaking down as fast now, but it still empties the tanks in about 10 hours.  Seems to me that it used to take almost a week to empty the air tanks when it was just sitting still.  All air springs are a year old.  The only thing that I can think of that I didn't check is the air line and valve to the air horns.  Does anybody know where to look for that valve?  Other than the front and rear air tanks, the air springs, the WABCO air pump/ filter and the air horn line, is there any thing else in the air system to check?

I'm curious if any of y'alls air tanks stay above say, 60 PSI for anywhere near a week.  

Thanks,

Carey

3 hours ago, jacwjames said:

Here is a link to what is available in the Downloads section

https://www.monacoers.org/files/category/1-air-systems-leveling-jacks/

I had the attached in my files which is dated 1999, I found it very close to mine. 

AIR SYSTEM Dynasty and Windsor.pdf 1007.51 kB · 8 downloads

Jim,
Thank you for the resources. All of your help has been GREATLY appreciated!

Sharon

Thanks Jim for the links. My gut tells me to replace that section of tube because it is coming into the fitting at an angle and is pretty tight plus that green tube disappears into a loom of a bunch of other stuff so I can't really see where it is routed. Do you think by looking at the pics I could put a compression fitting in its place or could I put in a short extension of tube with a inline connector?