Power Gear Leveling System only clicks when trying to raise coach.

Go to solution Solved by 96 EVO,

2009 Monaco Camelot 42PDQ (Tag Axle) NO hydraulic jacks.

Trying to raise coach to work under it (once properly protected with wood blocks.) Power ON Power Gear system with engine off, press manual button. pressing up or down only hear what sounds like solenoid clicks, pressing any RAISE or LOWER buttons. red PARK light also lit. turning on ignition, (no engine on) same responses as no ignition, except now can select travel or auto buttons without buzzer sounding. Owners manual advises ignition must be on, however unit in the past has leveled coach automatically when parked, would adjust throughout the night. Green lights, red lights all appear to work fine, however coach has lowered itself in the months it has been parked inside the garage. Bad compressor? Blown fuse? Relay? not sure where to start so I come again to the well of knowledge. Thanks in advance for your great advise! I have not yet tried running engine, building air pressure, but I believe unit has an air compressor to work independently of engine supplied air.

Jim, have you checked the fluid level in the tank? It should be very close to full about half an inch from the top, as I recall. 
if low, add some more atf fluid. Lippert recommends Dexron 3 or better for the Power Gear system. 
It may not be the cause but is easy to fix. 

If your electric aux air compressor was working, you would hear it running when you pressed the 'all corners raise' button, in manual mode!

It's only about 7' from you when your sitting in the drivers seat.

Edited by 96 EVO

The aux air compressor on my 09 Camelot stopped running to maintain the air pressure to re-level as necessary. In looking for the issue, I moved a wire & the compressor started running. It turned out to be a bad power connection to the compressor. The connection was not protected in any way from the elements. The covering on the spade connector was melted. Cut out the bad connector, replaced it with a new one & taped it up to protect it from the water when driving in rainy conditions & all is good........ for now.

Brad, Where is your aux air compressor? I am not sure where mine is on my 2009 Camelot 42 PDQ.  Might not be exactly same as your QDP, but a place to start looking as mine does not come on either. Thanks!

13 hours ago, vito.a said:

Run the engine.  Let it build up air pressure.

Then try again.  

Vito, I ran engine, built up air and was able to raise coach over 5" That was 4 hours ago, maintaining that height. Will check again tomorrow.  Also, not sure at all where aux air compressor is located. Any ideas? Thanks!

21 hours ago, Martinvz said:

Jim, have you checked the fluid level in the tank? It should be very close to full about half an inch from the top, as I recall. 
if low, add some more atf fluid. Lippert recommends Dexron 3 or better for the Power Gear system. 
It may not be the cause but is easy to fix. 

Martinvz, I think my Lipert Hydro tank only works the front 2 slides (I believe the rear 2 slides are 12 volt electric motors, the front 2 Hydraulic.  I do have a hydro oil leaking out of the back motor bushing, something I believe I have had since coach was new. That system, I don't believe, controls ride height however. 

Your coach will stay level longer if you lower it all the way down, then level.  

These coaches have dozens of tiny air leaks in the fittings and air solenoids.  You can fix them but it takes a large effort.  

If you get your Aux compressor working and level with it all the way down it will function fine as is. 

Good luck!

LATE POSTING….we have the same system

Odds are….the pressure switch on the compressor is corroded.  Mine was that way new from factory.   Here is picture of the OEM switch.  Order it.  Slide under MH on passenger side right in front of steps.  You’ll see it.  Pull off both wires.  They are NOT polarized.  Use a bent paper clip.  Jumper the wires.  ODDS ARE “what’s that Noise”…..  if NOT….there is a fuse up front (don’t have my prints).  Replace it.  Then test with paper clip.  

However, almost 100% bet the switch is corroded.  Replace it.  Use zip ties and push the hose up until the switch is at the same height or level as the compressor.  Moisture gets down into it.  You will need to periodically drain the tank….you will see the valve.  You can do this from the front.  Read the manual.

NEXT. Most experienced folks will lower corners.  I prefer to manually level from there.  Others use the AUTOMATIC.

BUT, they, also turn OFF the system.  Once your compressor’s working….it will drive you crazy.

Even though the Valid is OFF, none of us that do this have ever had any sagging or drop.  YES, your main system….parked long enough. Will leak down.  But the Leveling system has never leaked.  Mine has sat in storage for 6 months.  The other Administrator, Frank McElroy haa the same system on his 08 Dynasty.  Same results,

That’s how we do it and we have been MH owners for years prior to purchasing our rigs, NEW….and understand the systems.

Good Luck….Keep us posted.

IMG_1229.png