Need to replace air tank drains

My 1/4 inch ball valves that drain my air tanks are leaking (I have 4 of them).  Some time back in one of the discussions about air leaks, someone posted a picture and description of quality replacements for these ball valves.  I have searched the forum but have not been able to find the reference.  I think it was Scotty that posted the picture.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thanks

Richard

Do you have to go under to drain the tanks or are they positioned remotely or are you looking for some with the pull line. One day, when I also need to replace, I would consider the remote drain of some kind which I don't have right now, so I'll be watching for recommendations too.

Good for you, Richard. These are the same 'Bendix drain valves' as on ours, except for the location. Don't know what they were smoking when they say to drain daily while installing them directly on the tank...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hex_nut said:

Ivan

Mine are plumbed remote.  They are like the bottom 2 in this picture I borrowed from Bart.

image.jpeg.9806cb770022b5282004becd7c80f595.jpeg

Same as mine!

I'm surprised those would leak! Are you always turning them CCW?

20 hours ago, hex_nut said:

My 1/4 inch ball valves that drain my air tanks are leaking (I have 4 of them).  Some time back in one of the discussions about air leaks, someone posted a picture and description of quality replacements for these ball valves.  I have searched the forum but have not been able to find the reference.  I think it was Scotty that posted the picture.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thanks

Richard

The Valves are Haldex Drain Valves and are available through NAPA Auto Parts. Part number is MBI 12110. Price is $17.99 each.