Samsung RF18HFENBSR Service Manual

gjh2916
Go to solution Solved by gjh2916,

Does anyone have a electronic copy of a service manual for a Samsung RF18HFENBSR residential refrigerator.  My freezer has stopped getting cold stays around 55 degrees, frig is working fine stays right at 36-38 degrees. Evap and Condenser fans both work, no ice buildup, defrost circuit is working. No error codes. Red light on circuit board in back of frig is on constant, that's suppose to be normal. I would be flashing a code if something was wrong.

I'm puzzled

Bill R 

Thank you for response, yes I have tried to shut down and restart, done this several times. Also it says your manual is not available, maybe it takes awhile to upload. I will try again tomorrow. Is your manual a service manual or owners manual? I'm looking for a service manual.

Diane M

yours is users manual I’m looking for a service manual 

Bill R

Your manual is a users/owners manual I am looking for a Service/Repair Manual

I had the same problem with my RF18 in my coach, it worked fine for over 5 years before the problem developed.  I couldn't find any refrigeration repairman willing to service it in place even though the compressor was accessible from the outside of the coach.

I removed the refrigerator and took it to the shop, and they found it low on Freon and they found a leak in the refrigerator evaporator, and it was replaced it.  I reinstalled the refrigerator in the coach and within 6 months developed the same symptoms, freezer not freezing. I removed the refrigerator from the coach for the second time and returned it to the shop. They had it in the shop for several month and chased several leaks and made repairs but were never able to prevent the Freon from leaking out. Their concussion was that the leaks were caused by corrosion on the inside of the tubing in an area unaccusable to repair.

All of this was happening during COVID and refrigerators were in short supply. It just so happened that the shop had a used RF 19 that was the same outside dimensions of my RF 18 and I purchased it and installed it in my coach.  

So far so good, just keeping my fingers crossed.

Jim

I also had this same issue with my Samsung Refrigerator.  Turned out to be the evaporator fan in the freezer. Watched a video on You tube, order the part and took me about 20 minutes to replace it.  I got my replacement from PartsSelect.com, their part number is PS4138377.

@gjh2916 Gary, I have attached the service manual for the older versions which could very well help you find the failed component. The major differences between the RF18 and the older models was the compressor type. It has a DIC compressor aka Digital Inverter Compressor versus the older type of compressors.

Most of the other stuff  is the same.

There are diagnostic tests which you can perform to possible find out what is not working.

Let us know what you find out.

Samsung - RF195 - RF217 Service Manual.pdf

• Like 2

• Solution

Richard

Thanks for the service manual it worked for my RF18 frig. I finally diagnosed my problem, I have a 134A freon leak, I added freon, frig went back to normal operation for a couple of hours, then it went back to no cool in freezer. checked freon level and it is low again. No visible signs of freon leak, frig 7 years old but only actually run for about a year total time. Guess it's time for a new frig.

@gjh2916 Glad that it helped but sorry to hear about the bad news and outcome for your fairly new RF18 fridge. That's a real bummer!

The Samsung RF-197 I had installed in the Windsor back in 2012 is still working to this day. The new owner had to put in a new sensor in the upper fridge cooling area that had failed this past year. Plus the RF-197 that came with the Dynasty we purchased two years ago is still working great.

4 hours ago, gjh2916 said:

Richard

Thanks for the service manual it worked for my RF18 frig. I finally diagnosed my problem, I have a 134A freon leak, I added freon, frig went back to normal operation for a couple of hours, then it went back to no cool in freezer. checked freon level and it is low again. No visible signs of freon leak, frig 7 years old but only actually run for about a year total time. Guess it's time for a new frig.

Unfortunately, you are experiencing the same problem that I experienced.  The shop replaced the evaporator in the refrigerator, and it run fine for about 6 months and freon was low again. The shop had the refrigerator for several weeks and never was able to locate the leak. All my problems developed just a few months after the warranty expired.