Spare wires from front to rear

I have. 2k executive.  I cannot find the spare wire the wiring diagram is talking about.  Long story short I am trying to install a brake co troller and really don’t want to try and route a wire all the way back.  Does anyone know where these red spare wires go to and where I can find them in the front area? 

Posted (edited)

Good luck. I tried and tried to find these elusive wires I have read about on the various threads here. I finally gave up and ran my own. 

One of the threads says look tie wrapped to the steering column. Some they say are in the left kick panel. Good hunting.  

Edited by Rodger

Our 2k Sig had a bundle of 8 wires in front passenger corner of the engine room. As on the rail beside bellhousing. From there I toned them out to behind center dash. Plenty long to reach back to the hitch and anywhere on the dash.

• Like 3

If the spare bundle is documented in wiring diagram for that coach, chances are good it is there. The colors and gauges including a shielded pair are exactly as in the diagram and it included branching distance front to rear.

I looked for several days on my 03 Executive and finally found them in the front run box.  They had been labeled with a green tag that the previous owner must have torn off.  I found the label laying in the bottom of the box and noticed a small piece of green still on the wires.  There were 5 of them, various colors and sizes that dead ended into a white connector.  I had to use a fox/hound to sound out their location in the back and found the one I needed in the drivers side box next to the engine.  That may not be where they are actually located in the back as I suspect the prior owner used the wire for something at one time.  If yours has a large wad of wiring coming down beside the engine on the drivers side in the rear... that is where I would bet they are located.  Finding which ones will be the challenge if they are not labeled... nearly impossible without a toner.

In the picture, see the white connector on the right, middle of the image with two wires cut off.  The prior owner used two wires; a black and red, connected to new wires yellow and red with white conduit.  If you follow those up you will notice just a little bit of green on the red wire.  Difficult to see, but the remainder of the green label is bottom right.  I must have looked in that front box for hours and never recognized those spare wires.  I guess I just didn't expect them to have a terminal on the end of them.  BTW, my wiring diagram does not indicate the presence of any spares.  Good luck with the search.

spare wire.jpg

I looked for wires for a couple days.  I found loose ends in the front and back but could get them to tone out (I had a cheap tracer from Harbor Freight).  Gave up

Decided to push 3/4" front to back, bought 2 pieces from Lowes.    Slide the generator out to give me room.   On the passenger side there were cutouts in the metal framing so just pushed through those and into the ceiling of the basement, pushed until it stopped above the center compartment.  Added another piece of conduit and then took the ceiling down and found the conduit and pushed it back further to just in front the small compartment where my inverter is, there is not ceiling there so I was able to reach up and find the end and pulled then pushed it across the top of the wet bay where it daylighted to just in front of the rear axle. 

I first used the conduit to pull wires for a fuel pressure gauge.  I then ran a set of 5 wires when I stalled the Bluesea MLACR, I needed one wire for the switch.  So I now have 4 spare wires.

If it helps anyone, here are the sections in my manual indicating what's in the spare bundle and that it is branching off the main harness at 38' from the front. Worked for me.

20240525_103204.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks every one.  I am seeing the same thing on mine at 31 feet but can’t find them anywhere. Wish they would have labeled and marked them a little easier for people to use them.  Guess I’m running some wires back.  

As Ivan said you need to look in the frame rail. "Our 2k Sig had a bundle of 8 wires in front passenger corner of the engine room. As on the rail beside bellhousing. From there I toned them out to behind center dash. Plenty long to reach back to the hitch and anywhere on the dash."