Slide Awning Extension

Go to solution Solved by Dr4Film,

I'm still new to my dynasty and have a question about my slide awning.  It doesn't appear it is capable of extending beyond the edge of the slide.  There are hook loops that indicate it is supposed to be able to manually roll out and extend further but the support arms appear to be fixed/bolted in place with no ability to articulate or extend away from the coach.   Am I missing something?  Sorry the pictures rotated when I uploaded them.  20240525_185120_resized.thumb.jpg.cc9d8156a7e873d16fe2e066c49cb899.jpg

20240525_185135_resized(3).jpg

Thank you.  The manual helps and I found a youtube video that shows the arms are supposed to extend  perpindicular to the wall.  Either the catches are frozen up on mine or I'm not pulling hard enough.  I will try again in the morning. 

There are 2 collars on both sides of the arms that are slotted with a square plastic nub protruding out of the center of each of those collars. Use your awning wand and pull down on those and that should unlock them. They might be a little stiff from non use so maybe spray a little lubricant on them. I'll try to send you a picture of mine showing the sliding collars.

20210620_202310~3.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Solution

@Rikadoo is correct. You push the locks UP to disengage and pull DOWN to engage lock.

It's best to spray them liberally with Boseshield T9 and then work them slowly UP to unlock.

Carefree did a lousy job on their Omega Owners Manual. I have attached another Omega Manual which shows and explains the Arm Lock.

Carefree Manual Lock for Omega I Awning.pdf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

@Rikadoo is correct. You push the locks UP to disengage and pull DOWN to engage lock.

It's best to spray them liberally with Boseshield T9 and then work them slowly UP to unlock.

Carefree did a lousy job on their Omega Owners Manual. I have attached another Omega Manual which shows and explains the Arm Lock.

Carefree Manual Lock for Omega I Awning.pdf 87.99 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you,  they were certainly not exceptional manual writers.  This helps a lot. This issue started the last time I brought the slide in and took the rig for a little shakedown ride. When I next stopped the left side of the awning wasn't stowed all the way.  Perhaps because it wasn't locked it had caught wind or the alumacover had hung up.  At any rate whatever happened broke the plastic arm lock.  I safety wired the arm in place and continued on.  I am just now getting time to look into it further.  Hopefully I can source a replacement for the lock so I can get everything working properly.  

Replacement locks are hard to come by.  The only place I found was Talin RV  http://talinrv.com/staff/  however they don't show them listed (website or ebay) anymore. Best to give them a call.   FYI when you extend that awning it provides tension on your slide topper and helps to keep rain water from accumulating.

• Like 1