Driver’s side side switch panel

Go to solution Solved by Ivan K,

The woodgrain where my air brake “button thingy” is has cracked. Any idea how it can be replaced or repaired? It’s located on the driver’s side left arm where switches are located. 

Dr4Film, what would I call this part?  
Also, I’ve searched google and wasn’t able to find anything. You have sny clues?

When pulling up on the park brake, I hold down on the panel with my other hand to prevent breaking it. Not a very sturdy design by Monaco as it flexes more than I would like. Not what you were asking, but something to consider when you get it repaired.

My panel was cracking also, it’s not wood grain, just a gray panel. I removed the parking brake assembly and glued an aluminum plate on the underside of the panel to strengthen it then drill holes thru it to match the switch, been working great for several years.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have used Custom Instrument Panels, as suggested by Ivan and they do very nice work. I sent them my old panel and the replacement panel they returned was a direct fit.

Edited by DJR1SR

nwrvsuppy.com used to have side panels and dashes for some models. On my first coach 2001 Diplomat both side panel and dash was very badly cracked. I made mine out of wood, used cherry to match the interior and made individual panels instead of one piece. They should have been done this way originally, in my opinion, so you didn't have to remove whole panel to get behind one section. I was extremely happy with the end result, as it looked really good and no more cracks. I made mine out or real cherry, about 1/4" thick with some reinforcing behind but would have been less work to use 1/8" veneer and just paint edges black. Natural finish and looked far better than any original plastic panels even the ones with the burl finishes and much stronger. Good project for those that do and enjoy woodwork. I mean isn't the real woodwork in the original Monaco coaches one of the great reasons we like them so much. Just my opinion. Don

• 1 month later...

Big THANKS to @IvanK for telling me about Custom Instrument Panels in Albemarle NC. 
Today, I received my new drivers side arm instrument panel. It looks GREAT!  
Lets just home I measured correctly!

IMG_3568.thumb.jpeg.27114b1867330935e8f2f4cd56b3ab4a.jpeg

• Like 4

Got the new drivers side arm dash panel installed. I got several busted knuckles and a bunch of little scratches on my hand but its in and everything works!!

• Thanks 1