Windshield Replacement

Guest terry05dip

Guest terry05dip

Looking for some recommendations on quality work to replace broken windshield on a 05 Dip. Live in southern Utah area but willing to travel. ( Vegas, SLC, So Cal)

Not very knowledgeable on the process. Must use pliable caulking, sealant ?

Thank you in advance.

Terry,

Just some experience I had so you can be careful.

I told my insurance company that I needed a windshield and they agreed to pay. I also advised them who I wanted to install the windshield because not everyone can do it reliably on a motorhome. When the windshield arrived, the truck driver was quick to make his exit and the install shop didn't discover the newly delivered windshield broken until the driver was gone. Because I had recommended the install shop, the insurance company refused to do anything about the broken windshield, not even make an attempt to force the delivery truck company to make good. Since I had no relationship with the delivery company (the insurance company had made all the delivery arrangements) I couldn't get the delivery company to pay any attention to me. I even took the insurance company to the (Virginia) state insurance commission who sided with the insurance company and not me, so I ended up paying for a second windshield out of my pocket.

You might relate this story to your insurance company beforehand and save you some heartache.

-Jamie

• Sad 1

The story above by Jamie is a perfect example of why you should use RV Glass Solutions by Coach Glass. They are two individual companies working in unison (partnership) with each other to provide excellent quality, workmanship and expertise in handling and installing motorcoach windshields and windows.

I had my windshield replaced by them this past February after the Monacoers rally in Lazy Days. They have a shop in Lakeland Florida just a few miles down the road from Lazy Days. Next February I plan to have them replace four different windows that have fogged over to varying degrees.

I agree with Coach Glass feedback above. I paid a little extra to have them come to my shop because our coach was stripped down for frontal paint and level and stationery after the install. They also included the sealer they like to use, in the window crate. More tubes than was neededInsurance company cut me a check beforehand and Coach Glass beat it nicely.  All good a year later.

Also agree with Coach glass. Rock damage and was sent to there installer. Well the installer messed up (politely saying). Sent me to a second shop because it leaked water heavily, and when I went to mop up water I leaned against the upper part and the windshield started to leave the coach. Second installer did a perfect job. All covered between insurance and Coach Glass.

We had outstanding results with RV Glass Solutions and Coach Glass replacing our windshield this past February in Florida. I chose to get the windshield replaced at a rally not far from their Lakeland windshield warehouse. They came to our rally site and did the work.

Edited by Bob Nodine
  • Thanks 1