Holy Smoke. Really ?

Supposedly he drifted across the road and hit a berm. The coach separated from the chassis and continued down the road on it's side with the driver secure with his seat belt. There were no injuries, only to the coach.. That's ONE ride you can share with your grandkids. Keep the pictures as proof as no one will believe you.......Dennis

Things like this continue to amaze me regarding the lack of oversight and direction regarding the safety of motor homes by the government.  They are very diligent and focused on automobile safety and improvements but zero input regarding motor homes. I understand that the volume of motorhome product is minuscule in comparison but it doesn’t seem like it would take a whole lot of effort to implement some improvements. Most needed are some regs. regarding Class A rigs 

The tech was going to torque the mounting bolts in the morning but the driver picked up the coach before he came into work.... 🙄 I know that's trite, but it appears to be a brand new coach, he driver was alone, so I would guess he picked up the coach from the mfg and was transporting it elsewhere to a dealer. Fortunately, no one was hurt. Imagine if the rig had been sold...ouch....Dennis

The wind can get pretty nasty in that area. Ask me how I know!!!

C8212AF6-D3E8-478A-B861-2A42CF39DA5E.jpeg

I have never seen or heard of this happening in a Class A. It really makes you wonder just how some manufacturers are building their coaches now days.

Check out this complete failure.

https://www.facebook.com/SusanvilleCHP/photos/pcb.1236644723338926/1236644336672298/?type=3&theater

I experienced the same situation with a pickup truck.  The dealership replaced the engine and to make the install easier they lifted the cab and the truck bed from the chassis.  When they replaced the cab and truck bed they installed the bolts to secure these parts to the chassis (6 bolts) but did not screw them into the nuts that connected them to the chassis.  My cab would shift from one side of the other when I turned a corner.  I think they were embarrased when I retured the truck for corrective measures.

Bob Raffety

2005 Dynasty

13 minutes ago, stenderken said:

Check out the current Newmar products.  They are using wood joists in the floor system. That’s right.  Wood. Just like in the storage shed in your back yard

My two storage sheds use aluminum floor joists. 😃😃....Dennis