AquaHot system, zone radiator fan not working in bathroom

Woody O

Getting ready for winter. I have some time on my hands, so I thought I would investigate why my bathroom heater fan,behind the radiator, does not blow anymore.  It turns out, if I hook 12 volts to the fans, they run fine. The fans are not getting current. So, its not the fans. What is my next step in determining why the fans are not getting current. Note: the other fans in that zone are working.

Woody O

2006 Dynasty

Any updates, Woody?

As several pointed out, you have one of the buttons on your bathroom Intellitec switchplate that enables that AquaHot blower.  When a zone calls for heat, two things happen.  The AquaHot control board calls for the circulating pump to run for that zone, and 12 volts DC is "sent" to the respective blower(s).  You have already taken the difficult troubleshooting step.  You have verified that the blower fan on the heat exchanger is good.

If you take the front cover plate off of your AquaHot, and you have a volt/ohm meter, you can easily check out the remaining pieces of the puzzle.

HINT:  Many years ago, I took the front cover plate off and then remounted it so that the right top and bottom screws on the cover plate went into the left top and bottom holes of its original position thus re-secureing the control board in its normal position.  I then took the other two screws and secured the right side of the control board in its normal position.  That offset the front cover plate to the left by about 9" or so.  Now, whenever I open that bay door, I can easily access all of the terminal blocks as well as the reset button and the various LED's.  Dealing with that cover plate was a pain in the keister.  And my color-challenged eyes see the LED's WAY BETTER with the cover plate off.

On the large terminal strip on the left side of the control board, about ⅔ of the way down, you should see two terminals with one labeled "#2 FAN +" and the other labeled "#2 FAN -".  With the bathroom thermostat turned on, in the "FURNACE" mode, and set high enough to definitely call for heat, use your voltmeter to test for +12 volts with the black lead on the "#1 FAN -" terminal and the red lead on the "#1 FAN +" terminal on that strip.

If you see 12 volts present and your fan still is not working, but it does work when you apply 12 volts to it yourself, then there is a problem with one or both of the conductors that run from that terminal strip to your bathroom AquaHot heat exchanger.

If you do NOT see 12 volts present, your problem is with the control board for your AquaHot.  The only remaining easy step to take would be to press the "RESET" button on that AquaHot control panel.  If you get to this point and you still do not have 12 volts present on those two terminals, let us know.  The repair cost may be going up, a bit.

I had this same issue on the 06 Signature we just bought. Trouble shot the issue to a ground wire in the master closet that was never attached to ground bar from the factory. When you tested your heater fan in bathroom did you use a temporary 12 volt positive and ground or just a 12 volt wire? You may want to use a volt meter on the positive lead feeding the blower and use another ground to see if you have 12 volts. Another item you may want to check continuity with your volt meter between the negative lead feeding your blower motor and another frame ground, you should have continuity.

Thanks everyone for giving me advise. Yes, like most of you, you told me to check in the bathroom control panel for the heater fan switch. Voila, I HAVE ONE TOO. I've had this coach for five years and either never looked down to investigate or had forgotten there was a fan switch. I'm red in the face.  But, everything works as it should. So, thanks again for helping out a fellow Monaco owner.

• Like 1