Valet Switch

Learned today that there is a security system on our coach, well I knew there was one but we have never used it.  The siren let me know it's there and works.  There is a valet switch I need to find to control this system.  Can anyone point me to an area where I might start looking?  I had Cummins do a 17 point inspection early in the day.  I have a feeling they bumped the switch, which might mean the switch is near or around the J1939 ports under the dash.  Late, dark and cold out right now, will search tomorrow with more light to look around.  Thanks.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

After giving it some more thought I think the mechanic had locked the coach with the fob, I didn't know that and unlocked the door with the key instead of using the "unlock" button.  It wasn't until I realized that all the bay doors were locked, which I had a couple unlocked before.  Still want to find the switch just I know where it is.  Also, there is a starter solenoid cut out that won't allow the engine to crank on part of the security system, so it will be good to know where the valet switch is.

Thanks for the replies, I think the fob is my solution.  Sometimes the simplest of things get over looked.  Now if I can just remember where I wrote down the code for the keyless entry.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

Woody,

Most folks don't realize that there are two sets of keyless codes.  One set is called the Access Code that you use to unlock your coach and bins and you can have up to 5 different access codes.  The other code is called the Authority code.  This code will allow you to change the Access codes even if the coach is locked!  So, if you still have the default Authority code, I could set a new Access code and open your bins or even open your coach if your deadbolt lock isn't set.  Or I could delete your own Access codes.

If this is a new to you coach, I strongly recommend that you delete ALL Access codes, AND change both the default Authority AND set new Access codes on your keypad system to codes that are NOT the default codes.

This is all explained in the files document.

UM12_22271-02_2012-04_Rev_5.pdf

• Thanks 1

I don't believe that your Endeavor has a keypad entry access feature - so, the good news is that you don't need to learn about it.

My main reason for the post is to alert others who have keypad access systems to either be sure they change both their Access AND Authority codes from the default codes or at a minimum always use the door dead bolt lock to at least help protect against entry into their coach (although bins could still be opened).  Yes, anyone can get in by breaking a window but why make it easy by just using default access/authority codes on keypad entry systems.

On 12/10/2020 at 5:29 PM, woodylmiller said:

Learned today that there is a security system on our coach, well I knew there was one but we have never used it.  The siren let me know it's there and works.   Woody Miller  09 Dynasty Regal IV

If I set the alarm when I am inside the coach, it will sound off if I unlock the coach using the keypad by the bed.  It seems the only way to disarm the alarm is with the outside keypad or the remote fob.

• 1 month later...