DEHUMIDIFICATION

Gary Magin

I live in South Alabama where humidity is a large part of the reason Southern women have large hairstyles.  I keep mine in an enclosed non-climate controlled storage and am unable to cycle the ACs.  I use 2 of the large Damp rid containers and change those out when it's time.  I order refills from Amazon.  So far so good. 

• Haha 1

Standalone dehumidifier would probably work ok. Only difference vs the rooftops is that it'll add heat (which helps drive down the RH), and have less potential for unattended leaks if the rooftop condensate finds its way inside. Could probably drain to shower and leave grey open to the ground if the tank starts out truly empty. Finding a hole otherwise might prove difficult. Damprid works ok for us in Indiana but nowhere near the humidity you're probably dealing with. Main thing is you need to get the humidity down (or temperature up) in the evening when the temps go down.. it'll condense on surfaces and make dew. An oil-filled heater on a timer might even might do ok..

Luckly I have the coach stored at home with 50amp power. I run a standalone dehumidifer and check every couple of days. In addition, I set the A/C at 82 degrees in the summer and the heat pumps in the winter at 40 degrees. I have noticed the digital thermometer stays between 39 and 45 on days whens it's in the low 30's, so I think insulation is good. The nicest thing Ive noticed is how fresh the air smells in the coach- its worth the extra $30.00 a month to keep everything clean.