2006 HR Navigator 45 PBQ information

Looking at a 06 45PBQ, previous owner has removed majority of cupboard doors, rear sliding closet doors, drop down tv mechanism, several inspection covers, and a few ceiling recessed lights, series 60 with big Allison tranny, 10KW Onan is suspect and possibly missing components. fridge is missing, TV's are missing, several scrapes and gouges coach drives is about all I know for sure, question is what's it worth,   

Yikes!  Sounds like it's worth looking at something else, if it were me? 🤯 

I imagine if it's a looker cosmetically and solid mechanically,  it'd be a possibility....I guess estimating what it would run you to replace those missing internal items,  addressing the Genset and whatever else needs attention, then take that from the NADA trade-in or perhaps just looking at a "Fair Value" amount might be an option.....any pics of your find?

WOW!  I had no idea what these run.....here's a link of what I found, if interested in something more complete:

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2007-Holiday-Rambler-Navigator-45PBQ-5015620204

Good luck with your pursuit!  👍

If this is the one I've seen listed, it has a attractive price on it and I was told it was a repo which is why the prior owner took all the stuff out/off of it.  The guy I talked to was so uneducated about RV's that I passed.  I asked him for tire codes and he said they have lots of tread left...  If I was going to consider it, don't rely on anything the current owners say, do all your own research/inspection and build in a huge fudge factor for an angry repo.  He also said there were no service records and I'd assume if you can't make the payments on one....  you can't afford to service it either. 

• Thanks 1

The big Monaco coaches with a Detroit Series 60 are highly sought after.  If you are a wood worker and can replace all the doors and repair the other items, I'd bid up to $50k on it.  If you have to go to Oregon and purchase all the wood work, it will cost a small fortune.  

Good luck!

It's obvious a repo from a very PO owner who blames everyone but himself for the mess he got into. Problem with these people is while they blame everyone else, they decide to destroy the item so everyone gets dinged. I'd be cautious of water in the fuel/engine, paint thinner in the tranny and whatever other evil deed someone could think up. I've seen repo houses where they've dumped a bag of concrete in every toilet and sink in the house as well as crossed electrical wires....Dennis

I may have seen this coach briefly on my search. If this is in south carolina and the place is a used boat/ rv seller. Mostly repo stuff. I was there in looking at a05 dynasty. While I was there I popped my head in a 45' nav that was in the condition you described. If you go look at it prepare your self because it's shocking when you walk in to a coach in that condition. It just made my stomach drop and I was OK with a bit of a fixer upper but that is too much for me. I would think you would have to do most of the repairs your self to make it work. If they haven't changed the oil I would get it tested on tranny and motor. Also test coolant. They were going to allow me to take the dynasty to the Cummins in Charlotte for inspection. Which is debatable on how valuable that is but it's a start. They can at least pull the codes. Just make sure you know when the codes were set. The most recent ones are the ones of most interest. If motor, tranny, body (no delamination) chassis are in good shape I would think your looking at $60-70k? That's just a wild guess.  If I were interested in it I would set down and list out everything that needs fixed or replaced with an estimated cost labor and materials and that will tell you how much you can spend to purchase it. Again I think this will have to be somebody doing mist on the work themselves. I can't imagine the cost to take it somewhere to have the work done. 

Agreed and yes that is the coach, with buying an unknown with  series 60 a big Allison, an unknown 10kw onan, Aquahot, needing 80 % of the cabinet doors drawers. Some lighting? There are many unknowns and I will assume nothing works as the seller indicates they warrant nothing as working, it would need to be cheap 

What a shame.  It could be a diamond in the rough or it could be a total nightmare.  I guess it just depends on how much of a gambling man you are.  It looks like some electrical components have been removed, most likely torn out.  Who knows how much wiring damage there is behind the walls.  

I think that is smart on your part, Bill.  I'm not afraid of a project and the cabinets would not be a concern at all to me.  I found a local cabinet maker a few years ago that replaced some cabinet faces for me, so while not cheap it is pretty easy to do.  Its those "unknown" things that keep you up at night.  At $80k it is not a deal.  There was one that sold not to long ago that was listed at $89K that I would certainly have looked at but it was in CA... 2000 miles away.  My plan is just to keep my eyes open for something that comes on the market that is reasonably close by.  Good luck to you in your search.