Replace Duo Therm 4 button thermostat

Your thermostat version must match your A/C control board version.  To use a new generation programmable thermostat you must also install new A/C units.  Your current RJ11 cables (phone style) will work with the newer units.  

Dometic used to sell a conversion control board so you could install the slightly newer 5 button thermostat on the older 4 button A/C units.  They have since moved on to an even newer generation with a programmable thermostat, so the old 5 button conversion boards may be difficult to find.  

You can rebuild the 4-button thermostat or send it in and have it rebuilt.  

Frerichs Electronics

Or here: REPAIR SERVICE of YOUR Duo Therm 4 Button Thermostat Dometic Part# 3106463007 | eBay

Edited by vito.a

Okay, I took it apart and cleaned the switch contacts and it seems to be working great. 
if you do this watch out tiny springs and the contacts are springy too. 
took me about 15-20 minutes total

may have saved my sanity. 

i used alcohol to clean them. 

3 hours ago, Bob Stevens said:

Okay, I took it apart and cleaned the switch contacts and it seems to be working great. 
if you do this watch out tiny springs and the contacts are springy too. 
took me about 15-20 minutes total

may have saved my sanity. 

i used alcohol to clean them. 

You made yourself $200. In 30 minutes 😃

You can buy the replacement microswitches (on eBay as I remember) for about $20 bucks.  I replaced them on my last RV and it fixed the problem...and thats what they do when they "Rebuild" them.  Took me about 30 minutes total to replace the 4 microswitches using a standard pencil tip soldering iron, solder wick, and radio/TV (thin gauge) solder.  

• Thanks 1

John,

The digital control panel P/N 3314082000 that you used as a replacement, is that a direct replacement for the 4 or 5 button control center? I have the 5 button control panel (P/N 3109228.001) and would like to upgrade to the digital control panel. However as Vito pointed out, is the digitial control panel compatible with the AC control board in my 1999 Monaco? Any information you may provide is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Dennis

1 hour ago, DJR1SR said:

John,

The digital control panel P/N 3314082000 that you used as a replacement, is that a direct replacement for the 4 or 5 button control center? I have the 5 button control panel (P/N 3109228.001) and would like to upgrade to the digital control panel. However as Vito pointed out, is the digitial control panel compatible with the AC control board in my 1999 Monaco? Any information you may provide is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Dennis

This is compatible with the 4 wire cable

And 4 button thermostat. 

I called PPL parts and they called Dometic as I recall. 

Maybe 12 to 18 months ago.

This is my front living area.

20210403_163657.jpg

20210403_190417.jpg

17 hours ago, John Haggard said:

This is compatible with the 4 wire cable

And 4 button thermostat. 

I called PPL parts and they called Dometic as I recall. 

Maybe 12 to 18 months ago.

This is my front living area.

20210403_163657.jpg

20210403_190417.jpg

Do you have the original A/C units? Did you have to change out your boards on the units for the new thermostat to work?