Air chuck beside Generator 04 Diplomat 40'PDQ

SkyKingII

Does anyone have a suggestion on lubricating the air chuck(female part) that sets beside the Onan 7.5 ,as to what to use ie silicone,dry lube etc. It is getting very difficukt to insert and release.Once it connects ,no leaks etc ...just difficult to manuver.These hands are getting old! Thanks in advance for quick advise.It is still the original chuck.

Bruce Crocker

2004Diplomat 40'PDQ

Replace it.  With a good quality Milton or better.  Lot of junkie air fittings around.

BTW...what do you use it for?  inflating tires?  It's original purpose is for airing up during a tow....you can't possibly be getting towed that often!

Thanks for replies...I concidered wd40 but was concerned with it attracts and holds debris possiblyadding to problem,but if you guys have used it w/o incident it obviousky is ok. I'm guessing kLcdenver's suggestion is probably the permanant fix ...I just was hoping to just squirt it and go! Will do a quality one and be done with it ,I was thinking the rubber was the culprit also.BTW David yes I use it for airing up tires ...so far in 15years haven't had a tow...wanna keep it that way!

Thank you all for the input.

Bruce Crocker 

2004 Diplomat 40'PDQ