Steering box fluid type

Good morn,

In the middle of the TRW swap and I swear I read in the manual 10/40 for fluid but also see in manual Dextron 3 from factory. 

I cannot find the fluid chart now that said 10/40. Feel like I’m more crazy now!

Any advice/knowledge would be helpful. Waiting on Torque multiplier to come in tomorrow to get started. 

thanks 

My hydraulic reservoir has Dexron as it is red in color. Came that way from the factory. A few years ago when I had the Sheppard Steering box changed out for the TRW by Josam's in Orlando I had them change the three filters inside the reservoir and new fluid.

Legit had this issue with my hydraulic Fluid... reservoir tank said aw46 manual said DeX 3. All the responses and opinions I got said just match fluid color. AW46 is a clear light Brown..10w 40 oil would be dark Brown. Dex 3 is red light pink. 

Edited by Romeo84

56 minutes ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

My 05 Ambassador owners manual calls it hydraulic fluid and uses 15w-40 motor oil.

Gary 05 AMB DST

05 was the year that the Ambassador was moved to the 8 air bag platform like the Endeavor's.

Thanks!

I called Weller just to make sure their box will run on the 10w40 and all is good. Going to run what it brung.

12 hours ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

There is a filter in the fluid container that might need replacement. My 05 uses WIX 51487 or NAPA 1487. I'm starting to see a pattern in the part numbers.

Thanks, it’s on my todo list when I get it back end of the week