Driving home yesterday the ABS light came on in the dash.  Next place to stop I read the manual and states the brakes still work but no ABS.  Cleared codes and all was well for

40 miles then ABS light came on again, drove rest of the way home.  Any ideas what could be wrong???

Safe travels

Dave

My ATC light has been coming on intermittently, maybe 5 secs once or twice every few hours.  And the cruise control would kick out of overdrive (or down to 5th) on flat ground.  I don't know if those 2 are related. 

Then coming home through a big rain (cats & dogs stuff) this past weekend started hearing an alarm very faintly but no lights.  Stopped & restarted after ~ 15 minutes of ignoring it and the alarm stopped.  I didn't think of it at the time but maybe it was the ABS module down in the service bay under me, which has an LED on the module.  The ABS bulb does light on startup (so we know the bulb works).

rogers59 - what connections did you clean / dry ?

Best,

- bob

On my 04 Cheetah Safari in the outside compartment under the drivers seat there is a small pc board related to the abs system. On that board is a red push button in which the contacts get dirty. I spray that switch with contact cleaner and the dash random on off abs light goes away. Hope this helps..

The ABS sensor on a wheel is out of adjustment.  It can move in and out fairly easy.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

I forgot to add that your chassis manual has instructions on how to use the ABS module with its button and lights to diagnosis the problem telling you which sensor on which wheel is out of adjustment.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Check you manual, it should describe the procedure to retrieve the fault codes.   Check the files section, there may be an Addendum listed there that describes it. 

Over the years I've had several times the ABS light has come on.  One time it was the front drivers side sensor, which I removed, cleaned and reinstalled and the light went out. 

Several times the small black button you press to retrieve the codes got stuck in.  Took the whole module out and used compressed air to clean the button on but rapidly pressing the button while blowing the air.

Last year my light stayed on and the black button didn't seem to be working, so I actually took the module out, popped the top off the button and took it apart.  There is a small spring plate under the button that makes contact with the board.  It seemed like it wasn't seating correctly so I took the small plate and slightly bent the 4 legs to provide a little elevation of the button and that solved the problem. 

One big problem I had several years ago where the light was staying on showed that the system was in Dyno mode based on the fault codes.  Normally, when you read the literature it is suppose to reset out of Dyno mode when you restart the coach, in my case it wasn't doing that.  Took me a while to find a procedure to get it out of Dyno, one person had to stay in the coach pressing the brake pedal while the other person pressed the button in a specific sequence.  Finally got it straightened out and found that I had probably caused they Dyno mode by pressing the button more then 2 seconds while trying to retrieve codes.  I now only press the button for ~1 second. 

I just remembered that in the early 2000"s Roadmaster got a bad run of ABS modules.  Seemed the spring that holds the push button out was too weak causing the button to activate from road vibrations.  Roadmaster replaced the module free at that time.  Caused all kinds of weird problems.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

• 2 months later...

<so I actually took the module out, popped the top off the button and took it apart.  There is a small spring plate under the button that makes contact with the board.  It seemed like it wasn't seating correctly so I >

James - can you describe how you "popped the top off"?

2003 Windsor here with the same problem as many have described.

Dan

4 hours ago, jacwjames said:

The black button is pressed into the holder and is held in place with small plastic ridges on the side.  I used a small screw driver and just pried it up a little at a time on all the sides,   Came right out. 

Jim - Worked!! Just as you said. I adjusted the spring, cleaned everything and reinstalled the board - PERFECT. Thanks again.

For anyone doing this, keep in mind that there are TWO parts underneath the button, so try to notice how the little with "tab" is reinstalled.

Thanks all!

• 9 months later...
42 minutes ago, drhode said:

Does anyone know where the ABS Controller is located on a 2007 Executive ?

Duane R

Do you have a manual, it may have the location listed in it and how to retrieve the fault codes.  Here's a link to where you can download a copy.

https://www.monacocoach.com/service-and-repairs/#manuals

I did a quick search and it appears you can recover the codes.  Didn't try to figure it out but it's there on the dash display.

I have a manual and have recovered code SPN802 FMI4 via the dash display. This code equates to "PMV common shorted to ground", now I need to find the ABS Controller so I can test the wiring to and from the PMV's. Reading codes via the dash display sure beats the old blink code system.

Duane R

When I was looking for mine, for somewhat similar reason but with a broken wire, I had to resort to estimating its location by looking at the wire bundle branch out schematics and found it in ceiling of the large pull through basement section, second forward from drive axle.