Transfer Switch

DJR1SR

1999 Monaco Diplomat 38A, hooking up at a campsite, plugged into a 50 amp source (I verified the voltage) and my transfer switch smoked. I believe it is the original that should have been replaced with a recall years ago. Ordered a new one and was wondering if anyone have a schematic available? Thank you in advance. 

You should be able to get a schematic of your old transfer switch and compare it to the new one.  Chances are they are wired the same. 

Take pictures and label all the wires.  Determine which feed wire comes from the generator and which from the house.  Should be pretty much plug and play.

What make/model new did you buy? 

The original Transfer switch is model Lota Eng ITS-50R Automatic Transfer Switch. The only replacement I could get on short notice and my location was from Amazon, Progressive Dynamics, PD52V 5200 Series Automatic Transfer Switch. 

Just got rid of my IOTA and put in the progressive knock off, Go Power. They are the same. Added a EMS Bulldog. 

Was very Straight forward. Wires in, match the colors wires out. I believe there is a schematic on the back of new cover. 

They are wired different than the iota 

36 minutes ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

JDCrow, what is the EMS Bulldog?

Gary 05 AMB DST 

Sorry, I think Bull Dog , it’s a “Watch” dog. 

Here’s the link from a Hughes 

https://hughesautoformers.com/power-watchdog-smart-surge-protectors/

Here’s a look inside the transfer switch also. This was a temp hook up to make sure things worked. I’ve modified it since to be permeant 

42799331-B185-4E04-9B8A-100276F25DF7.jpeg

E478637D-E12C-4E79-AD19-01E64778D16C.jpeg

D2E70FE3-B0E6-448C-891C-E47960A6D41C.jpeg

Edited by JDCrow
Added pics

21 minutes ago, DJR1SR said:

Looking at your transfer switch hook up the bottom 2, 4 wire are, shore power and generator and the top is the coach? 

Yep, exactly. Unfortunately the Gen wire in and power out are only so long, so you can see they cross cause I wanted the EMS 

Edited by JDCrow
Spelling