Anyone know what this is?

The red button is used to program your personal code into the entry push button panel or grab handle depending on where your entry buttons are located.

Read your manual as to the instructions on how to accomplish that task.

Your coach should have a outside keypad to lock and unlock the front door.  Monaco used the same unlock code for all coaches having that system leaving the factory.  That way any dealer would be able to use the pad to unlock the front door.  The push button and attached red LED light are used to change the unlock and lock codes.  The module in your picture is the brains for the system.  Guess what?  If you have not changed the unlock code, All coach owners that has that system can walk up to your coach and unlock the front door using the keypad.  Consult your spiral bound manual on how to change the codes.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

11 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

The red button is used to program your personal code into the entry push button panel or grab handle depending on where your entry buttons are located.

Read your manual as to the instructions on how to accomplish that task.

Yeah, that’ll be the box for the wireless key fob. Not the entry keypad tho .

Are y’all talking about the Essex keypad??? That’s totally separate from the keyfob remote. The Essex keypad is a stand-alone unit with no external ‘brain’. 
There’s another push button switch connected to the Essex that is used to program the Essex keypad. 
cheers

Walter

Edited by wamcneil

Walter,

My Essex Key-less Entry has only one RED button for programming a personal code into the keypad.

The FOB is authorized by unplugging the receiver box. Then plug the receiver box back in and within 3 seconds press and hold the lock button of the FOB.

There is no additional red button for programming the FOB.

Maybe they pulled your Essex programming button back over to the dash? Mine is just hanging under the passenger cup holder. 
The poster’s picture shows the button attached to the black box, so that button is not for the Essex. 
W

That has NOTHING to do with the ESSEX door entry. That reset button is under the cup holder on the passenger side. If you need instructions on resetting/setting that code let me know and I'll post the instructions. That assembly is for your key fob. The red button is to program your remote for valet/tech mode, or to reset your remote in case of failure. To extend the range of your remote, make sure the antenna is accessible and not blocked by the dash assembly. On mine, I have it extended straight down towards the floor on the left side of the steering column. Do not roll or tuck it up under the dash or you won't get very good range from the fob....Dennis

• Thanks 1

Chuck, did you mean that the location of the Essex button varies?

Regardless of where the coach was assembled... the Essex keypad does not have an external 'brain'. The keypad beside the entry door is a self-contained keyless entry system and is not connected to or in any way controlled by the wireless keyfob system.

The OP's picture clearly shows a button and a bundle of wire attached to a wireless keyfob receiver. Like Dennis said... "That has NOTHING to do with the ESSEX door entry. "

Cheers,

Walter

Edited by wamcneil