Quick connect air supply connection

I tried to connect my air hose to the air supply quick connection in the top left head corner of the fuel bay in my 02 Windsor. I was able to turn the slip ring on the female end of the quick connect but it would not slip back the required amount in order for me to insert the male end of the quick connect attached to the air hoses. Moved only slightly and felt like a hard metal to metal stop. I have only had the unit a year and don’t know if it has ever been used. Any suggestions on what I’m missing here?

Thanks

Don

• Like 1

You have to have the correct fitting. There are two that fit. One is a Tru Flate connector and the other is the commercial one the tow trucks use. I went to Lowes and bought several types till I found the one that fit. If I was near my coach I would take a pic. Hopefully someone else can give the the exact type.

Try opening this link maybe it will help you figure the one you need. Also if it has been there for many years it has a rubber gasket inside that may be dry rotted and you would not even be able to push the correct fitting in far enough for the coupler to lock with the correct size.

https://toolguyd.com/quick-guide-to-air-line-couplers-plugs/

Try shooting a squirt of good silicone spray into it .I recently did this to my 2004 Diplomat  and I found out it wasn't all o combo me getting older and arthritic hands!! Wish I had thought of sooner,has never worked this well even when new9( purchased it @ 15 months old) you will find it will soften rubber seals and lube the sliding mechanisms also...a win-win for me!

Bruce Crocker

2004 Diplomat PDQ-40'

The connection in my fuel bay is for low pressure propane, not air. I connect my air hose to the quick connect for towing (supply air) under the front cap, passenger side. It is usually a type C male, pictured below and not that common... can’t buy at Harbor Freight.

A59C5446-7C46-4E11-A0F4-39F1121AD202.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2021 at 11:44 PM, Keamyinc said:

I tried to connect my air hose to the air supply quick connection in the top left head corner of the fuel bay in my 02 Windsor. I was able to turn the slip ring on the female end of the quick connect but it would not slip back the required amount in order for me to insert the male end of the quick connect attached to the air hoses. Moved only slightly and felt like a hard metal to metal stop. I have only had the unit a year and don’t know if it has ever been used. Any suggestions on what I’m missing here?

Mine was used only once in the 17 years I have owned the coach and it was a PITA to use! You have to have the engine running PLUS the engine air compressor has to be running also. Not a one person job. I found using a compact portable compressor rated for 150 psi works SO much easier to air up the coach tires.