2008 Monaco Knight chassis

A quick search online tells me Navistar thought about it but it wasn’t until REV took over that they partnered with Freightliner Custom Chassis, a Daimler company and the parent company to Mercedes Benz to build its own Freightliner Chassis.

Many RV folks mistakenly think of Freightliner as high end when actually it's low to medium price point at best. 

I personally would not want to own a motor home on a Freightliner chassis.   

Way back when, Monaco purchased the original Roadmaster chassis design from Chrysler Corp (before they became an MB subsidiary).  Chrysler was developing a heavy military chassis design with two air bags per wheel.    

Whoever said that Monaco had a contract to build the 08 Knight chassis, was incorrect..  Monaco built their own chassis. The 08 Knight was built on a RR8 chassis with 8 air bags.  The 2000 to 2000 Knights had the 4 bag chassis.  As said by others REV gets their chassis from Frieghtliner.  On high end coaches they just buy the front and rear sections and install a bridge center section.  

On 6/6/2021 at 11:44 AM, Jim McFarland said:

I have a 09 Monaco Knight and all my paper work show ours to be a road master frame. 

Jim

U r correct. RR8R