Fantastic vent questions

In my 06 Diplomat, I have 2 Fantastic Vent Roof vents with pushbutton wired remotes on the wall.  The fans seem to work well, but the remotes not so much.  The buttons are finicky and often not responsive.  The living room vent has no cover and I want to cover it, but have looked at replacing the whole vent.  I have not had luck finding replacement remotes for them and wonder my options.  I hate to leave the old remote or a hole there. Any newer fans that utilize the existing wires for plug and play?  Any sources for replacement remotes?  Thanks. 

20210617_074600.jpg

20210617_074610.jpg

20210617_074616.jpg

The remote is, I believe a model 104.  A few years ago Fantastic Vent still had the makings and could put one together.  I would call them & see.  The top lid had a lifetime warranty and they came out with an insulated version which they sent me at no additional cost.  That also was a few years ago but was after they sold out to Dometic or whoever bought them.

Model 104 Wall Control

Edited by Hypoxia

13 hours ago, Steven P said:

In my 06 Diplomat, I have 2 Fantastic Vent Roof vents with pushbutton wired remotes on the wall.  The fans seem to work well, but the remotes not so much.  The buttons are finicky and often not responsive.  The living room vent has no cover and I want to cover it, but have looked at replacing the whole vent.  I have not had luck finding replacement remotes for them and wonder my options.  I hate to leave the old remote or a hole there. Any newer fans that utilize the existing wires for plug and play?  Any sources for replacement remotes?  Thanks. 

20210617_074600.jpg

20210617_074610.jpg

20210617_074616.jpg

Take a look at Maxxair.com

If the buttons are the only problem, they can be easily replaced, they are very cheaply available on Amazon for instance. If you can't do it yourself, hire a nerd to do it. It literally takes minutes to wick the old solder and put new pushbuttons in. I have replaced many, including the HWH touch pad buttons.

I had issues with the front touch pad.  It  was worn down, didn't always work and just looked shabby. Dometic bought them out and they are useless to talk to.   I couldn't find a replacement so I went the Maxxfan route.  That was about 16 months ago.    I think it's a better product, hatch opens/closes MUCH faster and many more features the FF didn't offer.   

2 months after I purchased and installed the maxxfan,  I saw a Fantastic fan key pad  for sale on Ebay.  I should have snatched it up for my other fans, but I didn't.  Maybe another one will pop up some day.

Thanks all for the help.  I ended up cleaning it up well w electronics cleaner and it isnworking better.  It has rust on the backside of the controls so I think it's likely more than the buttons.  @windsorbill06 when you installed a Maxxair, did you use the existing wiring?  Did you do anything with the wall switch?  Thanks,

Steven

Stephen,

My coach has the 12 volt power going up to the roof opening.  When I installed the Maxxfan, the power was there and I abandoned the wiring going down to the old FF switch.  The Maxxfan comes with a remote control and a wall bracket so you can mount that anywhere.   I can't remember which model maxxfan I got, but I think they all will fit in the hole in the roof, so there is no modification there.  

• Thanks 1

The basic Fantastic Fans are all alike and can be modified / upgraded to any controls.  Call the folks at eTrailer and ask how to adapt your fans to the new wireless remote controls.  Tearing your old fans off the roof to replace them is a lot of unnecessary work to go through just because the remotes failed.

https://www.etrailer.com/accessories-and-parts/Fantastic-Vent/FV9068-09.html

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

These were the best accessories I ever put on my 30 ft RV, which is the Camco Cyclone Rotating Sewer Vent. This product uses surrounding air to ensure foul odors get vented out because this model follows the wind’s movement through rotating an incredible 360 degrees. This cyclone RV vent has an easy installation process. I can instead attach this product using a sealant. I was thrilled to see this product offer some choices concerning its color scheme. It ensures buyers can choose an option capable of meshing with their rig’s roof without issues.

Edited by Dalton07

Be aware that the remotes offered by Dometic for Fantastic Fan do not have multiple codes available.  Any remote operates any fan.  PITA when two fans are located in proximity to one another, since it is virtually impossible not to operate both fans at once.  Mine were bought shortly after Dometic acquired Fantastic Fan, and multiply-coded remotes may be available, but knowing Dometic...probably not.

Dometic is on its way to replacing Lippert as the designer and builder of the poorest quality products available.  Customer support is all but non-existent.

• Thanks 1