I know this is taboo and I know it is illegal. I don't want or need to know where you had it done. I am looking for anyone that HAS had it done and what their experience has been since deleting.

If you wish to remain anonymous in case snoopies are watching...lol, shoot me a PM if you would.

Thanks 

The problem is finding a shop that still has an egr delete code.  Tricking the ecm is impossible without the delete code. EGR removal isn't that bad or expensive. Also you kinda have to have a good shop that trusts you. Not the other way around. If you are around Chicago I have 2 for you that can. 

20 minutes ago, Romeo84 said:

The problem is finding a shop that still has an egr delete code.  Tricking the ecm is impossible without the delete code. EGR removal isn't that bad or expensive. Also you kinda have to have a good shop that trusts you. Not the other way around. If you are around Chicago I have 2 for you that can. 

Exactly, it’s all underground now. As a Ford Guy, most bugs have been worked out of the 6.0 and it doesn’t have DEF/DPF. The 6.4 whole other animal. There are shops that claim they can help, and then those who have to clean up all the messes. DEQ doesn’t mess around anymore and will put a shop put of biz. Might as well set up a computer and mine for DPF delete codes while hunting for BITCOIN 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rpasetto said:

Is the Ugly fix in the same category as EGR delete?  Apparently they're selling them online.  https://www.theuglyfix.com/default.asp

What I’m reading it’s not a “delete” rather a chip telling the ecm to leave the egr shut, so the exhaust gases are not recirculated into the intake.

This is a slippery slope. I believe you “by law” shall not “defeat” any emissions.  

Early egr engines could be a mess. Slapping gas engine tech on diesels was problematic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JDCrow said:

I’ve been in possession of vehicles that have had it done. I don’t have any currently in the stable as they all run great as is. 

What are your concerns? 

No concerns just trying to get some real world experience in how they have performed.

53 minutes ago, Brett63 said:

No concerns just trying to get some real world experience in how they have performed.

On pure performance….. I miss my 6.4. I have a newer 6.7, it drives very nice, tows whatever I put behind it, but for shear fun and make WRX and Beemer boys blush, my sleeper 6.4 was a BEAST. 

62F0EB0F-627D-4A88-A72F-3DDA089CCE0E.jpeg

Edited by JDCrow
Added pic

16 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

On pure performance….. I miss my 6.4. I have a newer 6.7, it drives very nice, tows whatever I put behind it, but for shear fun and make WRX and Beemer boys blush, my sleeper 6.4 was a BEAST. 

LOL, I like the sleepers. I am looking at doing my coach so it aint gonna be a sleeper...lol

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Brett63 said:

If you have a 650 ISX, I would have serious concerns… even a 600. I would definitely do a EGR plug to stop the EGR on a ISX. For a DPF delete I would look for someone in OK associated Diesel Spec out of Canada. 
Have a friend with several Cummins in local transport trucks. Once the regen starts acting up (not IF but when) instead of wasting more $$, it’s time to delete… no more problems.

Edited by Ivylog

Completely agree. Usually the dpf injectors go out which is a simple $1500 but man when u start getting the reduced power mode. It's such bs.  Like how is it safe to allow you to have less power going down the interstate.  Climbing some big hills and it goes into reduced power mode. 

2 hours ago, Ivylog said:

If you have a 650 ISX, I would have serious concerns… even a 600. I would definitely do a EGR plug to stop the EGR on a ISX. For a DPF delete I would look for someone in OK associated Diesel Spec out of Canada. 
Have a friend with several Cummins in local transport trucks. Once the regen starts acting up (not IF but when) instead of wasting more $$, it’s time to delete… no more problems.

Exactly why I am investigating options. And yes i suspect I will go with Diesel Spec. I will give them a call. 

On 6/19/2021 at 6:20 PM, JDCrow said:

I never worried about how fast my truck was, only that it could pull the racecars to the track. LOL
Besides, I have a couple street cars with power/weight ratios that a truck is unlikely to match. 😎

1 hour ago, dl_racing427 said:

I never worried about how fast my truck was, only that it could pull the racecars to the track. LOL
Besides, I have a couple street cars with power/weight ratios that a truck is unlikely to match. 😎

All good. All for fun 

Edited by JDCrow
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dl_racing427 said:

We can have fun and get way off topic at the same time

• Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 5:33 PM, Brett63 said:

They perform much better and produce better power. The problem is the Fed's have shut down all the players that did them.

It drove the entire EGR delete workers underground. Now all the technology, parts and programs are coming out of Canada and difficult to get. Most of the USA based guys are too scared to mess with it. A family member, a diesel mechanic, did a complete delete on a newer Duramax. He dumped the DEF and everything. Afterwards he said the power, performance and general engine operation was night and day. In his words " I never realized how choked off these engines are from all that pollution control crap ".

• Like 3