Where is overflow for fresh water?

IlliniCathy

We have a 2002 Knight,  we have not found the overflow for the fresh water tank.  It seems that the tank must be full, but the water just keeps going in without coming out anywhere on the ground or on the inside.  Can you guys help us out?  This is a new motorhome to us and we sure love it.  Thanks all.

Edited by IlliniCathy
Typo

14 minutes ago, IlliniCathy said:

We have a 2002 Knight,  we have not found the overflow for the fresh water tank.  It seems that the tank must be full, but the water just keeps going in without coming out anywhere on the ground or on the inside.  Can you guys help us out?  This is a new motorhome to us and we sure love it.  Thanks all.

You say

It seems that the tank must be full ?

Is it or isn't it 🤔

My overflow is in the center of the coach under the fresh water tank.

Are you certain that your ( filling the tank )

Run a faucet and see if you have pressure or not as you fill.

You should NOT 

Cathy,

I am not familiar with your coach. At times when I got "too" busy trying to get underway and filling the fresh water tank on our 2004 Endeavor, it would overflow and show me where the overflows were under the coach. Other than a wet mess it should not hurt anything.

Bill B 07 Dynasty

Our fresh water tank overflow is on the passenger side just in front of the rear dual wheels. You can see the overflow tube when you open the tank bay door which is secured with screws underneath.

The tube forms a U shape from the top of the tank going up then over to the edge and finally down through the bottom of the floor. The shape prevents the overflow tube from siphoning the water from the tank.

• Like 1

On my 2004 Knight we have two fresh water fill ports, one where you screw a hose on to the the panel and open the valve to fill the tank, the other is where you take the cap off to fill the tank by sticking the hose in.  In either way of filling when the tank is full it overflows out of the port where you stick the hose in to fill.  I normally remove the cap on that port when filling to let the air escape more easily.

0FE4718D-3922-4F51-A863-F400BF681A3E.heic

ncsteve and Dr4Film thank you for posting!  I also am a new owner to an older coach and did not know that overflow was there.  I just crawled under it and found it on the wall in front of the passenger side rear wheel (never saw it before).  It has some sort of rubber nipple sorta thing on there to (I assume) try to keep Mud Dobbers out.  I'll pull it apart over the weekend and clear the blockage.  Thanks guys for the help, and thanks illiniCathy for posting a question about a problem i have that I didn't even know I had.