Gen Auto Start

tmw188

You guys have helped me out with many things since getting this coach so here is another. Do I, or do I not have auto gen start? So I have some labeling in different locations of being careful and aware of the coach having auto start. On my inverter controller I can scroll thru the settings and one of them is the gen auto start. When I select it to set it up I get no other display. So I hope I’m explaining that right because it’s been a few weeks since I looked at it. I wouldn’t think they would have the labeling if it wasn’t equipped with it. Now it’s been a few weeks but it might be possible that it says that it may be equipped with generator auto start.  What do you think?

23 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

If you have Trace inverter and your controller is RC7GS, try to set time first. If you have Magnum, someone else will help you.

That’s what I have yes. I have the manual I just haven’t looked at it close enough with all the other things I’ve been figuring out. This is next in line.

A5572387-7363-4A13-ACBA-072A5CB2AD70.png

Edited by tmw188

Then you have gen start. I believe to remember that for it to work, you have to set time of day first so it know when your quiet time starts/ends. That is at the end of the menu and then you just scroll through it again and set the AGS parameters.

I received a word document from Dr4film with how he has his setting, below is how he has his set up, I have not checked mine yet.  Note that he has no restriction on quite time based on the time he listed.  You will have to get into the programming mode, I believe you press both arrows to get to this mode. 

RC7-GS Remote Panel Programming

·       Search Sense              =     Defeat                                     

·       LBCO                          =     ON                                           

·       Battery Capacity        =     500 amp                                  

·       Battery Type              =     Liquid Lead Acid                      

·       Charge Rate                =     80%                                         

·       Set Shore Power         =     30 amps                                  

·       External Shunt            =     None                                       

·       Fuel gauge Cutout      =     11.8 VDC @ 0% SOC                 

·       Generator Start          =     12.0 or 12.2 VDC                            

·       Generator Stop           =     Auto Float                               

·       Generator Quiet Time =     23:59 & 00:01

You must set clock to military time for Auto Gen Start

• Like 2

I agree on the manual, it is not very clear.  I made an attempt set mine up but I think I had one of the settings wrong as to at what voltage to start the generator.  

But if you hold both the UP/Down buttons in it will show the setup screen.  Once you start scrolling through the options it becomes easier to understand. 

Not sure what version manual you have for the RC7-GS but BOTH of my manuals clearly state in order to access the Set-up Menu, press and hold the up and down arrows simultaneously for 5 seconds until you hear a Beep. Then use the up OR down arrow to scroll through the different settings.

If you need either or both of the manuals I have just ask.

• Like 1

image.thumb.jpg.dea52f15a67954316db5c3fcf9ccbcd7.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.edf3decf2cc29e03b55a3577a2bc5113.jpgIt doesn’t state it on pg 14 Setup Menu shown below top of the page fig 23 for setting the clock. I did just find it on pg 8 this morning under Operation.  
I went to clock setup as suggested first the other day. I’ll be going to the coach today to see if I can get it set up now. I guess I’ll need to read it cover to cover to perform one function. 

image.jpg

Edited by tmw188

1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

I seldom get into my storage case of paper manuals that came with the coach as the case is stored under the bed. However, I have collected a significant number of digital manuals that generally have been updated plus I have easy access to them on my laptop.

Here is one for the RC7-GS.

Trace RC7-GS Owners Manual.pdf 264 kB · 1 download

Perfect thanks Richard I’ll keep it on my phone too.