Passenger side won't air up. : (

2005 Executive 45PBQ, Air levelers, no jacks. HWH system. As some of you know, we bought a home in SD and have been living in the coach for the past four months while we rehab the new (to us) home. Now that we are finished and moved into the new home, I decided it's time to move the coach from in front of the garage onto the property. Closed everything up and fired up the coach to move it. No joy! The right side wouldn't air up. After playing with it some, I got her moved onto the property next to the barn.  But, the right side still won't air up. I lost most of my hearing in a service related accident so I can't really tell if there's an air leak. Wife says she 'thinks' she can hear leakage near the rear dual on the passenger side. So, I'll try to describe what happens: Start the coach at high idle and air it up til the governor hisses. Press 'travel mode' on the HWH system. Left side airs up, right side does not. Press stop on HWH control panel. Press 'air' twice to go into leveling mode and coach levels as it should and HWH shuts off. I moved the coach with partially filled bags to keep the coach somewhat level yet watching to ensure the front tires didn't touch the fender wells. Got it parked. I'm assuming there are solenoids that determine what is 'travel mode' and I'm thinking that solenoid may not be working, or there could be an air leak although the coach worked ok in our trip from AZ to SD. I did have a slide solenoid fail during that trip but it's been replaced and is working ok. Could they be related? I don't know. Open for suggestions and comments. Also looking for mobile mechanic recommendations in the Sioux Falls area. TIA....Dennis

I don't know your situation. 

But I  have the same system.

The first thing I  do is.

Turn the HWH leveling system off.

Then I start the coach at normal idle untill the oil pressure drops some. Becomes warm enough to normalize. The sometimes high idle. By then the pop off valve relieces and the unit goes into travel mode automatically. 

1. Check the passenger side level arm and valve.

2. Make certain that the HWH is off from the start of process.  and it's in travel mode. Green Light. After airing up fully. 

Then let sit at idle a fee minutes.

Do a search.

There have been several with the same issue.  

• Thanks 1

Both front and back won't air up or just one corner?  If just one corner I'd suspect an air bag has cracked.  Can shut engine off and you (or wife) hear any air hissing?  Or connect an air compressor to the towing port (or whatever it's called) you can hear it (vs engine noise).

How recent was the trip from AZ to SD?

Just a thought. 

- bob

1 hour ago, cbr046 said:

Both front and back won't air up or just one corner?  If just one corner I'd suspect an air bag has cracked.  Can shut engine off and you (or wife) hear any air hissing?  Or connect an air compressor to the towing port (or whatever it's called) you can hear it (vs engine noise).

How recent was the trip from AZ to SD?

Just a thought. 

- bob

The OP said right side only 

Yes

Thanks everyone. The trip from Arizona was in April. The coach has been sitting aired down since then. This morning I went and checked all the fuses, reset the HWH system and started up the coach. I was able to raise it using the keypad without leveling. I then turned the engine off and watched the HWH key pad. Eventually the right side yellow light came back on telling me I was losing air on that side. I aired it back up and shut everything off and walked around the coach listening for an air leak. Bingo! air escaping near the passenger drive axle. Aired it back up again and began a search. Found my rear air bag has a leak. Tomorrow I'm going to be making some phone calls for repairs. I know the bags are Firestone bags. Anyone have a part number.? My concern at this time is availability of product. I'm thinking I might have all 10 replaced but don't know how much that will set me back. Perhaps someone will chime in that's recently had one replaced. While I'm glad I've determined the cause, I'm hoping the cure will be somewhat painless....Thanks again....Dennis

Dennis there is a file section with a part list for our Monaco built coaches attached and in most cases where to buy the part, i think this file is one of the best addition to our forum and was started by our old friend and mechanical guru Rex Darley.

Thanks to everyone who posted. My original build sheet does not list the air springs. That said, I was able to get through to REV who had no clue what I was talking about. (head scratch) Without meaning to be demeaning, the gal on the phone should have stayed in the kitchen. Anyway, REV provided THEIR number which I was able to cross reference to the 8619/9376 bag. I've ordered 8 from Michigan Truck Springs in Saginaw. They will be here Friday. The two I had replaced two years ago, I'm leaving alone. Yes, I tried to find out the part numbers off those bags but the dealer simply said Replaced Air Springs with no part numbers. Insurance paid for those so I reached a dead end trying to go that route. I'll post my results next week as I'm scheduled to have them installed on Wednesday. The only issue may be if I have ping tanks. (3/4 fittings vs 1/4) I'll post any issues and the final cost in case someone else needs that info. Thanks again....Dennis