Shoreline water reel gear broken and replaced

Steven P

My water reel has never worked due to a stripped gear.  It got worse this year and I ordered a replacement from John Delmatoff (951-315-9135)  he was quick to answer,  paid via PayPal and shipped the next day.  I decided to cut my wet bay panel in the middle as others have done for easier removal. Replaced the gear yesterday and all is well today. Have to drill out 10 rivets and he sends replacements w the gear. I'm gonna make a trim piece to cover my ugly cut and stabilize it some more, but it's actually pretty stable like it is. 

20211229_163059.jpg

20211229_161838.jpg

20211229_154758.jpg

20211215_125507.jpg

Steve, how did you get the left rear bolt, lag screw out. My reel leaks and I stopped using it. I think those reels were installed on the ceiling, bottom of platform before the platform was installed on the chassis. Here's a picture of how I made access easier plus gained extra storage space. I also put a manual light switch in and moved my water pump up front 

Gary 05 AMB DST

DSCN0113 (2016_03_12 20_36_18 UTC).JPG

Edited by Gary 05 AMB DST
better explanation

7 hours ago, Steven P said:

My water reel has never worked due to a stripped gear.  It got worse this year and I ordered a replacement from John Delmatoff (951-315-9135)  he was quick to answer,  paid via PayPal and shipped the next day.  I decided to cut my wet bay panel in the middle as others have done for easier removal. Replaced the gear yesterday and all is well today. Have to drill out 10 rivets and he sends replacements w the gear. I'm gonna make a trim piece to cover my ugly cut and stabilize it some more, but it's actually pretty stable like it is. 

20211229_163059.jpg

20211229_161838.jpg

20211229_154758.jpg

20211215_125507.jpg

Put some clear Gorilla duct tape over the cut and call it a day.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

Steve, how did you get the left rear bolt, lag screw out. My reel leaks and I stopped using it. I think those reels were installed on the ceiling, bottom of platform before the platform was installed on the chassis. Here's a picture of how I made access easier plus gained extra storage space. I also put a manual light switch in and moved my water pump up front 

Gary 05 AMB DST

I removed the 3 bolts that I had easy access to, leaving the left rear one, them I could pivot the reel housing back giving more room.  That part went smooth.  The reinstall involved a lot of words I won't repeat and a failed attempt at doing the same process in reverse.  What worked was I used my drill and replaced all 3 screws that easy saving the left rear for last.  I found with pulling the hose all the way out I could get my drill in from behind and with some contortion got it done.  Honestly, I hope to never do it again.  But hey, its done now. 

You shouldn’t have to do it again.  Almost 4 years after replacing my broken gear with the Delmatoff fix, mine still works great.  

I need to reach out and see if he has a fix for the Shoreline electric cord reel…. Mine hasn’t broken, but it is starting to get wimpy…

28 minutes ago, Scotty Hutto said:

You shouldn’t have to do it again.  Almost 4 years after replacing my broken gear with the Delmatoff fix, mine still works great.  

I need to reach out and see if he has a fix for the Shoreline electric cord reel…. Mine hasn’t broken, but it is starting to get wimpy…

Scotty, when we spoke he asked me how my electric reel is working and was surprised to hear it's fine bc they use the same gear.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul A. said:

OK. What are all thosse blue items around the sewer dischage elbow/line connection?

I was wondering who would be the one to ask.  I changed out to an 8" hole and needed a way to "seal" it.  I had an extra foam noodle and did that for now.  

20211215_105031.jpg