New coach Blues

hbr509

Little back story ,          I purchased a 2007 Dynasty Limited edition with 72.000 miles on it about a month ago , Overall coach is in good shape very little checking and interior is flawless . After meeting with the broker and owner to get as much info on unit as far as maintenance , I was told the tires where 2018 date coded ,was not able to verify as all tires where mounted with codes on inside,  Well today was an awakening I took the coach to Josam in Orlando who I've used on the last 5 motorhomes that I have owned , to have the ride height checked . alignment done. coach weighed and the 315 toyo taken off and the 295 put back on the steer location , 315 where rubbing in a lot of places even chewed through a wire loom .   After going through everything coach needed 2 tie rod ends ,Drag link , which is coming from Oregon, $1400 ouch , 2 Bilstein's on front broken replaced 4 fronts with Konis  Big difference driving home major improvement, The tires where dated 01/15  not 2018  ordered 6 more for the back when I return for the drag link to be installed .   Moral of the  very expensive day is  Don.t believe everything your told and verify yourself , and yes ITS MY Fault for taking someone word .Tires are $480.00 x 8 each plus mounting . and draglink is $1400 plus install  . and 4 koni @  $189.00 each . I,ll be lookin for a second job after this . Just had to rant . Thanks  

It could be worse...  I had a friend that bought a used coach and he checked the tire codes...  all seemed good until he was going down the road and one of the inside rears blew and took out all sorts of storage compartments and wiring.  The tire codes on the inside ones were about 15 years old.  You just have to wonder who would be so cheap and deceitful to only replace the outside tires, but they are out there. 

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear this. I bought mine privately and I put down a deposit subject to inspection. I got under the rig with a crowbar and did acrobatics check tyres etc. I was told the aircons and heat pumps worked, yuh, worked overtime. Anyway we all have experiences that why we do what we do! 

• Like 1

Sorry.  But you now have one of the best coaches ever manufactured at 1/4 the original cost.  

Enjoy it!  

PS: Were the 315 front tires rubbing because of incorrect ride height?  I've installed 315 front tires on two coaches with great success.   But ride height must be set properly.  

Edited by vito.a

6 hours ago, hbr509 said:

Tires are $480.00 x 8 each plus mounting.

What brand of tire are you getting from Josam's?

They are my go-to shop for all of my chassis and tire work. They also install Tyron bands in the front tires if wanted. Plus, they sell Balance Master for coaches at a very reasonable price.

The ride height was correct but the 315 is 2 inches taller and where rubbing on the bottom of the front air bag and a couple of other places .

3 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

What brand of tire are you getting from Josam's?

They are my go-to shop for all of my chassis and tire work. They also install Tyron bands in the front tires if wanted. Plus, they sell Balance Master for coaches at a very reasonable price.

They are Toyo  and Barry charged me $464.00 per tire x $32.00 to mount and yes I always use the Balance Masters . I,ve been going there for about 18 yrs 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, vito.a said:

best coaches ever manufactured at 1/4 the original cost. Enjoy it!  

X2 and better than the new stuff being manufactured.

7 hours ago, vito.a said:

I've installed 315 front tires on two coaches with great success

X2 although on the 42’ Dynasty it was a close fit to the Airbag mounting plate behind the steps….plenty of room on the 45’ Navigator. Instead of 295s on the rear, I’m running 11R22.5s…$338 installed.

A friend put 315s in his 42’ Dynasty but had to grind some of the mounting plate off which was bigger than the airbag’s bottom plate.

Edited by Ivylog
  • Like 1

Barry at Josam's found a bad drag link on our coach at 75,000 miles in 2013.  Went through a tough time getting a replacement, eventually from the original manufacturer and he installed it.  Last spring with 165,000 miles the drag link had failed again.  This time Barry got one with replaceable ends from Henderson's in Oregon.  And yes it was regularly greased and serviced.  It happens I guess.

My original drag link had one end that was sloppy. Barry at Josam's installed one custom made from Henderson's also. I believe that's the only place Barry will order them from because of their high quality.

Yes, it was expensive, but I won't have any more problems.

That's where the drag link is coming from  with replaceable ends , And as for grease its all done now , somewhat disappointed as to what I found so far , I serviced both engine and generator  fuel filter oil, and air  which was trashed on both ,lots of dust and sand . I like knowing when I use it ALL service is up to date . But YES on the quality of these years of motorhomes , My Dad had 4 Monaco dynasty's and was the past president of the Monaco travelers club, he and Kay Tolson and Buddy Greg where all friends , I'm very happy so far with the coach just getting it updated ,i.e. new TVs new satellite system indash radio carpet, and having the top cap painted to help prolong the clear coat up there  , I always said these thanks are tanks lol.   Ps I have the stock dash radio if anyone wants it just pay shipping ,Thanks Bryan