Mystery connector in electrical bay

CLIFF918

In getting ready for our trip I found a connector that looks like it should be connected. anyone know what this is and should it be connected together?

Is this some kind of test connector? both connectors have 1 white wire only

2002 Monaco Diplomat 

Thanks in advance

Cliff

IMG_1273[1].JPG

IMG_1275[1].JPG

On my Newmar, most of the wires are printed / labeled.  You might pull the wire out of the harness to see if your Monaco does similar.

Then find a wiring schematic as close to yours as you can find and see if you can locate what the wire is on it.

Final food for thought:  If it Ain't Broken, don't try to Fix it.  ie: don't plug things together that you don't know the function.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DavidL said:

On my Newmar, most of the wires are printed / labeled.  You might pull the wire out of the harness to see if your Monaco does similar.

Then find a wiring schematic as close to yours as you can find and see if you can locate what the wire is on it.

Final food for thought:  If it Ain't Broken, don't try to Fix it.  ie: don't plug things together that you don't know the function.

That's why I ask first I'm sure someone has found this in the past. Both connectors are mates and the wire is in the same pin on both halves. I will go have a closer look at the wires.

Thanks

I’ll go out on a limb

Being so close to your Transmission brain, (to me it looks like it runs right to it, and maybe trace what is the sequence for the trans brain) is there any gauges not working? You can read up on how the gear selector inside can give you various info/trouble code.

For instance, when changing fluid it will tell you when the transmission has enough fluid or is low and needs more. You have to get the fluid warm as well, it will tell you to of you need to run the engine more to get the temp up so it can read the amount needed read correctly.

Just a stab in the dark. Sorry I’m not up on the various wiring for your coach. 

Edited by JDCrow

OK I looked further at the wiring and you are right the wires are all marked just like an aircraft wiring harness. The two wires are marked CRUISE on/off on one and CRUSE on, on the mating connector. I am wondering now if this is the cause of my cruse not canceling when I use the brake. I have not used the cruse because of this.

Cliff

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

Cliff, looking at the upper left corner on the second photo, that multi wire white connector, it looks like water has gotten into it and is causing corrosion?

Gary 05 AMB DST

No it seems that someone used some dielectric grease on it some time ago I un plugged and re set it looks ok though. 

Thanks Gary for noticing it

• Like 1