Front AC won’t drain always

TommyL

Front AC doesn’t always drain through tubing. Sucked a string through tube, tied rag on ,pulled through all clean and clear. PS lm talking about roof AC. While outside scratching my head  had wife turn AC off, water poured out of tubing like its supposed to.Sounds like unit is pulling a vacuum on condensate . Middle and rear AC drain fine out rear.Front drains out front. Any ideas thanks TommyL 

Sorry ,08 Camelot tag ,Dometic Douo therm heat pump units .

Bob , the condensate fills the little plastic tray up then runs over on the roof then down the side. Turn AC off and all water runs down the tube like it should! Just doesn’t seem to drain when AC is running. Been doing this since I owned it,10 years.Thought someone may have seen the same problem before. Thanks TommyL 

Tommy

I have exactly the same problem, and I have done the same things you have to no avail.  I will be monitoring this thread to see if anyone has a knowledgeable solution.  It is very frustrating since the drip comes down at the front door when I am parked and level.

Richard

I think it's a common issue.. maybe restrictive return creating a vaccum on the evap drain. Ours has done it for years, don't pull out of the driveway with the driver window down! 😂

I wonder if they (should) include a trap like you need on a downflow residential unit.

Edited by trailmug

The drain pans are not that big and there are fairly small holes that the tubes connect to, it does not take much to plug the hole and there is no good way to clean the drip pans.  Also, the condensation also collects under the evaporator and drains through holes to the drip pans.

When I changed my drip pans in 2020 there was ~18 year accumulation of dirt and dead insects that seem to migrate to the drain holes. 

I’m sure you’re  probably aware that even the slightest sag in a drain line will cause water buildup and overflow.

I’ve opened my ceiling vent access, and secured the line to have at least a level flow.  It worked for me.  Good luck.

Edited by David White