Ignition Switch (I think)

Sometimes when I turn the ignition switch to the run position and before I turn it to start, none of the dash lights come on.  I turn it back to stop position and then turn to run and then the dash lights come on and I start the coach. While retuning on our last trip,  while driving the lights went out, the vent fan stopped, and  the rear camera went out. The engine continued to run, but dash lights were off. I stopped, turned off the coach, then turned back on and everything was back to normal.   A friend said he thinks it is the accessory side of the ignition switch which is wearing out.  The vendor list states that the ignition switch part # is GM 29C9.  Does anyone have a suggestion where to get a new ignition switch or a current part number for the switch?

Skip Thompson 

2003 Monaco Dyansty 

My intermittent ignition solenoid did not prevent starting. If I did not pay attention and started driving, the fan and cruise would not work besides other things. Mine was a White Rodgers solenoid, just like the salesman solenoids in the rear. Easy to check if it is getting power once located,, should hear it click to identify. Different coach but here is mine in FRB.

Notes_211004_180730.jpg

Edited by Ivan K

I had the same problem as Ivan K with the dash fans and power visors not working. If you turn on the switch and nothing works you can check the solenoid for 12v on each side of the large terminals.  On mine I just swapped for a new solenoid and all is well. 

50 minutes ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

Isn't that the solenoid for the salesman switch? Others have said you can just jump it

Separate solenoid. May look the same but different function. You shouldn't permanently jump this one, it would be like if you left the the key on. 

I suppose later years may be designed differently with the black boxes but I assumed Skip's 03 would still be similar.

Edited by Ivan K