TV Signal Switcher

Guest Ray Davis
2 hours ago, Jdw12345 said:

Thanks Dave,

The last time I was hooked to cable, I scanned the channels, got them all set and the sound was coming through for “Big Bang” but that’s not what we were seeing, I kept changing the channel until we found “Big Bang”, then changed the channel and the sound stayed on “Big Bang”, I thought it was strange! 

Have you tried it on antenna?  

If your audio comes through the surround sound speakers and does not change when the TV changes, I'd think there may be some interesting wiring happening.  Can you take pics of the TV, stereo receiver that provides the sound and the BOMB box?   It's almost as if the cable hits a splitter of sorts that sends audio to the stereo and video to the TV. What, if any, wiring changes have you made since you bought it?  Where are you located?

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that.  MN is a little far from me (Alabama).  If you come down here sometime, maybe we can figure something out.  

I agree with Ivan, it would have to be a 2nd tuner. As for not getting anything from the king jack, I believe it needs power for it's internal amp, usually provided by the switch plate/ splitter. Possibly a broken center conductor it the coax on the roof. This cable tester would confirm that, as well as sort out which cable goes where. Very handy to have. 

Klein Tools VDV512-101 Explorer 2 Coax Tester Kit, Includes Cable Tester / Wire Tracer / Coax Mapper with Remotes to Test up to 4 Locations https://a.co/13kh3kz

• Like 1

Guest Ray Davis

If I understand correctly this is happening on cable we don't know if it will happen on antenna yet Has it happened before on other cable systems?

Its an interesting issue to try to sort out.   Can you tell us what tv you have?  Is it the old original glass crt tv or has it been up graded to flat screen?  Do you have to set the tv to channel 3 or 4 to get cable?  There may be a station in the area on that same channel.

Personally I would get the antenna situation sorted out first then move to the cable. If you know for sure which coax goes to the tv and which one goes to the antenna make sure those are connected.  You can look around the campground to see which direction others are pointing their antennas or there are sites that will show where the towers are located.  Here is one, there are others too.

https://tvstationsnearme.com

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the long delay, working through my FIL’s death and estate, Xmas, then a 16 year old pet that had to be put down it’s been a interesting couple of months to say the least!

So this is what I have in the coach currently, I believe it’s all original equipment from Monaco. Pictures below.

I have confirmed that I can play a dvd in the vcr/dvd player and it plays on the tv and the sound system in the main living area.

Once again thank you for all of your help and I appreciate all of your input and ideas, we are now in a location that has cable tv some I’m checking into hooking up to that, hopefully tagging my issues onto Dr4Film’s thread is ok with him!

Much appreciated!

Regards  

Jeff

F6F42295-A107-4E73-AAF1-3890DF066213.jpeg

7DC2F5A8-676C-4774-80A8-1FDCC882CB88.jpeg

• Like 1

Digital to analog converter?

You mean like back when DTV came out, we had a converter box to hook up a TV that had the old analog tuner? I didn't think many of those TV's still existed. Got a link to the converter?

42 minutes ago, Dave Pumphrey said:

Digital to analog converter?

You mean like back when DTV came out, we had a converter box to hook up a TV that had the old analog tuner? I didn't think many of those TV's still existed. Got a link to the converter?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/aluratek-digital-tv-converter-box-with-digital-video-recorder-black/6301665.p?skuId=6301665

Why would you need an external tuner?

I have a tablo OTA DVR connected to an antenna in the attic at the house, & connected to my cable modem. I can access my local channels & recordings on a firestick anywhere I have an internet connection, even have an app on phone. It has a nice guide to set recordings just like a cable service.