Rear Closet Mirror Sliding Door Hardware Replacement

Hopefully this is a quick and painless question.  We purchased a 2007 Monaco Knight 40DP 2 years ago and the rear closet doors were missing the hardware at the top that should have the rollers connected.  Where in the world do I find them?  The rail on the coach itself is intact, but I can't figure out what the part number might be or exactly what needs to be replaced on the doors themselves.  Looks like nothing is required on the bottom of the doors, just at the top so they can hang.  Does anyone have any suggestions or can you point me in the right direction?  Thanks!  Jere

I had a similar incident with my two sliding mirrored doors, 2008 Knight 38PDQ. Found a manufacturer sticker on the back of the door, googled that company and contacted them. They sent me parts no charge! I’ll look for the info when I get into the coach this afternoon. SEA something or other.

Maybe you still have a sticker on the back of the door and can verify that yours is the sam as Capt Mike's.  My coach uses SEA for the mirrored closet doors and the sliding shower door. Amazon carries the ones for my shower door, but not sure of closet doors.

Give SEA a call.  Others have had great experiences with them.

CAD7C655-25F3-451A-BD0F-C00D729B5D19.jpeg

Also ask them about the plastic up stops. These keep the door from jumping track over bumps.

14 minutes ago, Happycarz said:

Maybe you still have a sticker on the back of the door and can verify that yours is the sam as Capt Mike's.  My coach uses SEA for the mirrored closet doors and the sliding shower door. Amazon carries the ones for my shower door, but not sure of closet doors.

Give SEA a call.  Others have had great experiences with them.

CAD7C655-25F3-451A-BD0F-C00D729B5D19.jpeg

Also ask them about the plastic up stops. These keep the door from jumping track over bumps.

http://www.seamerica.com/

I have been getting replacements from them for years.  My doors would “sag” and the lock and strikers would fail.  Traico Marnioff is the GoTo guy in Parts.  I can also tell you WHAT NOT TO DO.  I had a few cracks in the flexible hooks.  I reasoned that if I superglued or JB welded that area….I would improve their deficient design….I had pictures and almost posted it.  OPPS, the “HOOKS” must flex.  My rigid ones killed the part that goes behind the doors.  I ordered new hardware and there have been some minor improvements.

The new kits have an additional mounting hole.  It also has self adhesive tape.  You PUSH or lock on the striker plate (the part mounted to the frame….not on the mirror) and then remove the backing and close the doors.  Make SURE your doors are adjusted and the lock nuts on the hangers are tight.  I also filled the existing holes on the frame with toothpicks so the screws would not wander and misalign.  I used a small pilot drill then.  NOW, there is one screw…on the side, that you do NOT want to overtighten. If you look at the striker plate, you will see that a portion of the latch is about 1/16 higher or not touching the frame.  Tighten the screw and leave that gap.

The OTHER modification I had to make was on the “road” or left side frame.  Monaco cut the frame two thin.  The latch’s back screws did not have any wood to seat in.  I added a 1/2” or so piece of wood….maybe 3” long to give the striker  plate a full surface contact.

FINALLY….SEA also supplied the circular shower enclosures.  Check the mounting on each of the sliding door.  They will vibrate loose.  I broke one and got a new set….so I have spares.

YES….these are great folks.

39 minutes ago, Capt Mike said:

Just took a pic of the items I received from SEA, the small white plastic “sliders” fit on the bottom of the doors and help the door “glide” a bit easier.

8C267F1C-77D0-4DEB-8193-CABDB3E1822C.jpeg

Interesting.  Mine, a 2009 Camelot, have these.  One broke....and all I did was replace the bottom one and made sure the rest were tight.  Must have been a design change between when your MH was made and mine. Traico sent me, free back then, a set of four (memory) or whatever it took to totally replace the sliding hardware on the shower glass door.

Thanks.

WOW, you guys are completely awesome!!!!  I'm going to walk up to the RV during lunch and see if I have that sticker on the back of the door.  I'm also going to give SEA a call for sure to get those parts since I'm about 99% sure that's what I need.  Too bad I didn't know about them when I lived about an hour away in Murrieta CA.  Also great to know about them doing the glass curved shower as well.  Ours was missing when we purchased the RV so I'm going to look into how much a replacement set of glass might be.  I'll check back once I have all of this accomplished and post up some pics of the completed work.  Thank you so much!!!

Edited by BigJereL

It would be an interesting story to learn why both of my mirrored closet-doors AND the glass shower door & its surrounds were missing when I bought my 08 Camelot. PO had couple beach towels covering the closet and an el-cheapo plastic shower curtain for the shower (Maybe he liked the feel of wet plastic on his skin?)

Yes, Traico at SEA is definitely the go-to-guy for this stuff.  He sent me the correct doors/frames/hardware/etc. He even had the dimensions for my model coach (not specifically 'my' coach but for the 08 Camelot in general). Knowing how much our coaches are 'snowflakes', I double-checked his info and came up with slightly different measurements on mine.... But obviously I was wrong because I had to add a 1" spacer at the bottom of the closet doors to fill in a gap when I installed it. 😠

Traico is the guy with whom I just finished speaking and he was extremely knowledgeable.  Once I receive their invoice email, we should be in business for the closet door hardware fix.  He also said they have a set of doors for the shower as well if we can match up the dimensions which would be phenomenal.  SO many things to fix...rear slide toppers and rear slide seals are next on my list.  Fun times.  🙂  

Here are the shower door rollers at Amazon.  After a few years of traveling the rollers get small flat spots on them and are a little rough when moving.  The new rollers make the door glide.

https://www.amazon.com/Queta-Diameter-Load-Bearing-Ultra-Quiet-Replacement/dp/B08FMNRZ87/ref=sr_1_12?crid=1VT867SFB6XMQ&keywords=Tinksky+6pcs+Replacement+Bathroom+Shower+Door+Rollers+Runner+Wheels+25mm+Wheel+Diameter&qid=1653587559&sprefix=%2Caps%2C2815&sr=8-12

Just keeping that Monaco coaches are snow flakes. I'm looking for these closet door latches. The picture of the knobs are on the end of the sliding mirror closet door and the other picture is the sockets the knobs go in on the sliding door jam. Anyone have a source? 

closet door1.jpg

closet door2.jpg

Edited by Tim-AZ

i replaced the closet sliding doors latches with this thing called "burglabar".  It came off once after about a year (their glue failed).  Put it back on with super glue.  It's been fine ever since (3 or more years).  Once installed you just flip it to hold each door against each other. 

Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/Burglabar-Pack-Sliding-Basement-Windows/dp/B00I8OUX4S/ref=asc_df_B00I8OUX4S/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167142538498&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13747565175618124699&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004840&hvtargid=pla-315659045463&psc=1

Tony and Doreen Chiulli

'03 Windsor, '05 Ram 1500 toad