Remove batteries to clean & paint battery tray

I did this when we first purchased our 2000 Windsor.  I made sure to take pictures of the orientation and connections.  Then I took a wire brush to the tray as there some significant corrosion.   I then used a black Rustoleum paint and painted the frame.  Then finally I lubed the tray slide, reinstalled the batteries lubricated the terminals and 'Voila!'.

I just changed out my house batteries (4ea- 6vdc batteries).... when I got them out I found that all the batteries... house and chassis were sitting on one big plastic tray.  Since I was not really on a mission to rebuild the battery compartment and hold downs (maybe next winter) I just washed out the plastic tray, cleaned the walls as best I could and shot the walls with black spray paint.

My point is, that to clean and paint the metal floor, all batteries, battery hold downs and the plastic tray must be removed (at least on my '03 HR Endeavor).

I wish I had batteries mounted on a sliding tray.... 68lbs each lifted into an opening was not fun!

Turn of both chassis and coach shut off switches. Unplug your shore power. Disconnect the ground cable at each battery first and then the positive cables. Then remove the batteries. Reverse the order to install them.

Ditto on the great advice above.  Unfortunately one of the battery trays in our Dynasty was beyond repair, so we rebuilt it.  When finished coated both trays with  Eternakote. As stated, make certain you take pics of all the wiring before you start.  Boiling water does a great job of cleaninig any corrosion.  Found it works better thank coke or baking soda.  The hotter the water the better.  God bless, Ed & Sylvia

I labeled all wires an connection points, removed, cleaned batteries, unbolted the 3 trays, scraped off all loose paint, treated bare metal with por 15 metal prep and painted with por 15 black gloss black rust treatment paint. 

3.thumb.jpg.c8839b30493e1d1790b8ef2387c0027e.jpg2.thumb.jpg.bb3b261fd26b3d68907c725cac4b271b.jpg1.thumb.jpg.488e1c30d32e2fad6b4ca4a9cd0042b7.jpg

All of the above electrical precautions and Also covered solar panel to prevent stray charging voltages. Good project!

I did mine. Was changing from 2 12V house batteries to 4 6V batts.  I took pics, but didn't really matter for the house batteries since I was changing them anyway.  Took out the tray, cleaned it well. I used a rust remover called Ospho.  Then repainted w spray truck bedliner from Ace. Put it back in when dry and have been happy since.  

20210102_131834.jpg