Kitchen faucet cartridge replacement 2002 Diplomat Moen faucet

CLIFF918

There is a clip you need to pull, similar to a Moen cartridge, if it's not a Moen. Pull the clip with a needle nose pliers. The clip is facing the front of the sink. The clip is 3 sided, 3 straight sides. With the clip out the cartridge should come straight up

This is a Moen faucet and I’m thinking it is original. 
I don’t see a clip that you mentioned but I looked at The Moen web is really not much help they refer to a special tool for pulling the cartridge.

Just replaced my Moen cartridge because of no water flow on hot water side….wasn’t the problem. They can be difficult to remove after you take out the clip, that was the case with mine . You can put the top screw back in and with a flat head screw driver tap up with hammer and it should come loose.

22 hours ago, Hancoman said:

Just replaced my Moen cartridge because of no water flow on hot water side….wasn’t the problem. They can be difficult to remove after you take out the clip, that was the case with mine . You can put the top screw back in and with a flat head screw driver tap up with hammer and it should come loose.

Had a similar “no hot water” issue about a year ago.  IF you don’t have hot water anywhere, it could be the check valve on your water heater. Mine locked up due to corrosion and would not allow any hot water to pass out of the heater.  Not an expensive part, but a bit fiddly to replace.  On mine I had to cut one of the PEX lines to remove the check valve. 

On 7/16/2022 at 10:13 AM, CLIFF918 said:

Kevin, you are absolutely right I found it now to find a new cartridge .

thanks for the help!!!!

Cliff

I found the replacement cartridge at a local hardware store $5 less than Amazon.

All is fine now.

Cliff

23 hours ago, Hancoman said:

Thanks Scotty, but I do have hot water everywhere else. I am going to have to take off the pep line off and turn on the pump and see if I get water. Then I will know if it’s a blockage in the faucet or further down the line

Tom, probably not your problem, but I had a similar situation after closing and reopening the shutoff valve at the sink. What I found was the rubber seal had swollen in diameter and had pulled of the stem of the valve in the closed position, thus limiting flow. My MH has Qest valves and the seal is pressed onto the stem. go figure.

I've changed a couple of these Moen cartridges. If you have time and as noted earlier, Moen has a free lifetime warranty on all parts. There are two different kits so you will have to ID what faucet you have. In the replacement kit there is a white square nylon tool which you will need to rotate side to side to free the cartridge from sticking when you try to pull it out.