Detroit Series 60, Ugly fix report

Installed Ugly fix last week before a trip from Pensacola to Ocala. Approx. 400 miles each way. Typical Florida heat mid 90s, ran on the interstate about 70-73 mph the whole way. Engine temp stayed around 191 to 193. That is a good 10 degrees cooler if not 15. I could not tell a huge difference in throttle response, at the end of the day its a 44' long rig and weighs over 50k. I am very pleased so far. I thought I would share my results. 

2004 Sig Conquest

• Thanks 1

IMHO, some folks love to live on the cutting edge.  I would never run my coach that fast.  If you were to have a front tire blow out, you would be lucky to live to tell about that experience, not to mention putting your passengers at the same risk, let alone other vehicles close to you.  For me 59 to 60 mph is the fastest I would travel.  In  perfect conditions you would only be 10 miles further down the blvd in an hour going 70 mph.  

Chuck B 2004 Windsor

• Like 1

EPA and States have been cracking down on this stuff hard. They are even using Social Media to identify modified engines. Guy in New Jersey had to scrap his truck because he didn't have the parts to return it to stock. Couldn't license it or sell it. Be careful.

Added this right after I acquired the coach 7 years ago. Not sure where I heard of it but must have been one of the forums (probably this one!) Installed it to cut the hesitation and black smoke, and more importantly, squeeze a 1/2 mile per gallon. Never had an issue with it. Run about 62-63 mph and getting 6.5 mpg. out west where there are real mountains. Can sometimes see close to seven back east in flatland. It's a rough calc since we run the Aqua Hot on diesel .in the cold weather and excercise it once a month in the warmer weather.. I track data fill-up to fill-up so I have a running history of fuel usage (it's a pilot thing). I plan for 750 miles which gives me a good reserve. www.theuglyfix.com BTW i kept the old module 'just in case'!

Edited by SigPIlot
incorrect url
  • Thanks 1

VWALLACE,

What kind of BOOST are you getting? We’re only running about 18 pounds boost on a hard pull with our triple slide 45’ Signature Series 60.

Thank you, Ed

43 minutes ago, mschfmkrs1 said:

VWALLACE,

What kind of BOOST are you getting? We’re only running about 18 pounds boost on a hard pull with our triple slide 45’ Signature Series 60.

Thank you, Ed

I am seeing 28 pounds

63 mph maximum,sweet spot, I had a front spring break on the front axle on a logging truck many years ago,always in the back of my mind to this day. Save tire,bearing wear just to mention a few things,safety first 

Wayne 

1999 Signature ceaser 

I’ve had the Uglyfix installed for over a year now. I’ve been logging about a 1/2 MPG improvement consistently. The best improvement that Ive seen is a significantly cleaner crankcase oil. In the past the oil would be soot black after one short trip and at the end of last season my oil still had a translucent look to it. Very happy to not have all of the gritty soot not returning to the engine. I did keep my original module. Not really worried about the government because if they were really focused on it the company would have been out of business years ago. Be aware that they sell one for a Cummins also. 

Edited by Chargerman

I'm not sure, but as I recall when hitting a good mountain haul it would be in the 40's. I forgot about the cleaner oil, but yes another benefit.

On 8/2/2022 at 11:28 AM, SigPIlot said:

Added this right after I acquired the coach 7 years ago. Not sure where I heard of it but must have been one of the forums (probably this one!) Installed it to cut the hesitation and black smoke, and more importantly, squeeze a 1/2 mile per gallon. Never had an issue with it. Run about 62-63 mph and getting 6.5 mpg. out west where there are real mountains. Can sometimes see close to seven back east in flatland. It's a rough calc since we run the Aqua Hot on diesel .in the cold weather and excercise it once a month in the warmer weather.. I track data fill-up to fill-up so I have a running history of fuel usage (it's a pilot thing). I plan for 750 miles which gives me a good reserve. www.theuglyfrix.com BTW i kept the old module 'just in case'!

Take the "r" out of the url to get to the correct site.

On 8/2/2022 at 9:51 AM, RIPPPA said:

The Ugly Fix™ for Detroit 2003-2007 https://a.co/d/6A6g5MN

???

As Tim posted, you can get the "Ugly Fix" on Amazon.
It is the "Ugly Fix Amazon Store".
Food for thought is that the Detroit Diesel Series 60 "Engine year fit 2002 through 2006 14L AND 12.7L
Truck year fit 2003 through 2007" covered were exempt from DEF so maybe they are also exempt from the EGR valve requirements. Anyway, the Amazon listing seems to lend credence to its legitimacy.