Body End (Belt) Side molding end cap Sources

Guest rangerboat

Guest rangerboat

At the end of the body side mouldings (sorry, try as I do, I can't figure out how to add a photo) that cap the ends...I have a couple that are deteriorating and I'd like to replace them. Anyone know where I might find them or, perhaps just fabricate news ones out of thin sheet metal. I might even just caulk them well with silicone buy, I'd prefer to make them look nice.

IMG_4245.HEIC

I also could not find replacements for these.  And, I was not happy with the original material which rusted badly.  I fabricated new ones out of thin aluminum material (I used some scrap pieces of old storm door frames).  They worked nicely and are holding paint just fine.

Richard

p.s.  I also remember that DR4Film (Richard) was looking for these and I think he found them.  He may chime in.

Guest rangerboat

Thanks ricadoo. They look great although they are 3/8 too wide but I suppose caulk will do the job! I'm ordering them today. Again, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Throgmartin (Talin) @throgmartin would be your best shot.  PM him.

They are called, in my limited knowledge, as Trim End Caps.  

If you Google RV Trim End Caps....you get several hits on Amazon.

AP Products has them....probably many others. You need to measure one of the good ones and then go from there.

https://approducts.net/product/021-39201-end-cap/

Try their website.  Whether Monaco had them custom stamped or used a vender like AP, I do not know.

Chris probably will

I edited the title to be a little more specific...

FWIW....if you use the SEARCH function, you can find a lot of info first....then go there and if needed....start a post.

I am going to combine your post with the last one.....since it is not that old.  We need to do this to keep from having some many posts about the same thing.

Thanks for understanding and also being able to search and get info in the future.

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Body End (Belt) Side molding end cap Sources
15 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

Chris Throgmartin (Talin) @throgmartin would be your best shot.  PM him.

They are called, in my limited knowledge, as Trim End Caps.  

If you Google RV Trim End Caps....you get several hits on Amazon.

AP Products has them....probably many others. You need to measure one of the good ones and then go from there.

https://approducts.net/product/021-39201-end-cap/

Try their website.  Whether Monaco had them custom stamped or used a vender like AP, I do not know.

Chris probably will

I edited the title to be a little more specific...

FWIW....if you use the SEARCH function, you can find a lot of info first....then go there and if needed....start a post.

I am going to combine your post with the last one.....since it is not that old.  We need to do this to keep from having some many posts about the same thing.

Thanks for understanding and also being able to search and get info in the future.

Ok thanks everyone glad I at least know the name of these and the info provided.