Fresh water control module

Carl Michael

15 minutes ago, bobdinsmore said:

I have a 2000 Diplomat and used to be able to turn on the pump from a couple of locations. I finally gave up chasing what I thought were wiring or switch problems. I didn't realize there is a control module in the circuit. Where is it and what does it look like? 

Thank you.

It could be located almost anywhere. With Monaco you just never know what their logic was for installing stuff.

I have attached a photo of what you are looking for.

Water Pump Intellitec 10 Amp Controller.jpg

4 minutes ago, bobdinsmore said:

Thanks. I don't have anything that looks like that. 

Few years back I helped a friend with 2000 Dip to find his water pump problem, the same relay was on a sidewall of driver side bay. I think one bay forward from the pump. Of course they all could be different. We bypassed the relay until he could get a replacement and let the pressure switch do its work.

26 minutes ago, Carl Michael said:

My question, after owning other motor homes is what is wrong with one switch in the kitchen. I have the latching relay but with 3 momentary switches and 3 lights to possibly go bad seems like overkill. 

I could live with only one switch in the interior but I also definitely like and use the one in outside wet bay.

1 hour ago, Carl Michael said:

My question, after owning other motor homes is what is wrong with one switch in the kitchen. I have the latching relay but with 3 momentary switches and 3 lights to possibly go bad seems like overkill. 

My previous Windsor had a WP switch at four locations. One at the kitchen counter, one at the overhead cabinet above the co-pilots chair, one at the bathroom vanity and one in the Service Bay. However, there were times one would be using the toilet in the toilet room which also has a sink and no WP switch. I installed a 5th one in that room so if you were using the toilet you didn't have to get up and use the switch at the vanity in the hallway.

It's all a matter of convenience! Myself, I prefer to have convenience versus something being a PITA.

I installed a number of items in the Windsor for convenience. And now the new owner is enjoying those "convenience" items.

3 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

I installed a 5th one in that room so if you were using the toilet you didn't have to get up and use the switch at the vanity in the hallway.

Richard - Monaco must have heard the complaints, my 2006 Windsor has a switch in the toilet room!  I really do appreciate that upgrade.

I installed a 5th one in that room so if you were using the toilet you didn't have to get up and use the switch at the vanity in the hallway

Not having a switch in the toilet area is stupid! We have contended with this in our 2002 and each time I shake my head at the absurdity of Monaco’s choice of location- in the control panel at the passenger seat!! 

I am assuming that you jumped the switch on the vanity in the bedroom? I would very much like to do that also! 
Thanks for the tips…as always!

3 hours ago, eddie4ne said:

I am assuming that you jumped the switch on the vanity in the bedroom? I would very much like to do that also! 
Thanks for the tips…as always!

Nope, the toilet room is directly over the service bay in the PBT model. So, I ran the wires down to the switch in the service bay and spliced into it there.

5 hours ago, eddie4ne said:

Not having a switch in the toilet area is stupid! We have contended with this in our 2002 and each time I shake my head at the absurdity of Monaco’s choice of location- in the control panel at the passenger seat!! 

Once a while they got it right, we have a factory switch and indicator in that private office...

• 2 weeks later...