Where are air storage tanks?

Chuck H
Go to solution Solved by 96 EVO,

I have been doing various maintenance items and one item needing attention would be draining the air storage tanks. The owners manual gives no clue as to where they are. I have a clue that are just behind the front axle but just wanted to make sure. Any ideas would be appreciated. 

Edited by Chuck H

• Chuck H changed the title to Where are air storage tanks?

The front tank is two in one, wet and dry sections, separated inside. Thinking about it, both beside each other, up front? Strange since they're supposed to be close to each axle to have short run to brakes.

Edited by Ivan K

• Solution
59 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

The front tank is two in one, wet and dry sections, separated inside. Thinking about it, both beside each other, up front? Strange since they're supposed to be close to each axle to have short run to brakes.

Both of my tanks are within 3' of each other behind the front axle.

Yep both tanks right next to each other. One tank had 2 drain valves the other just 1. Why only 1 on the other?

This coach has the optional Air over Hydraulic Brakes. Just was curious as to why one of the tanks only had 1 drain valve?

That's what this coach is equipped with. One of the Po's(there were 5, I'm the 6th owner) installed a Banks system so it does have some power. I purchased this coach 2yrs.ago with 20k miles on it for $20k so it spent most of its life in RV Parks. The Genny only had 225hrs so not much dry camping either. It's had its issues but I'm slowly getting it in shape.