Water pump 07 Diplomat

Joel Sheriff

I forgot to mention I also have a switch in my bay where my tank dumps are. My outdoor shower is on that switch.

I will double check to be sure everything is wired correctly. When replacing it, I pulled one wire at a time and placed it in the new one on the proper pin. I will double check.

Also, I had a alternate 12 VDC and tried the pump,,, nothing,,,

17 minutes ago, det944 said:

If the pressure switch is internal to the pump, maybe that could be the issue? Not sure it can be bypassed for troubleshooting. Just a thought.

If the pump is completely disconnected then the pressure switch is taken out of the equation. It's best to test the pump when it is completely isolated . It will either run or not.

I hooked it all up again and the pump motor worked. I unhooked the remote 12VDC and rewired the pump to power without the FUSE/HOLDER,,, everything is working fine,, lights are on the switches and good pressure.

Dr4,,, you had it figured,, thank you very much for sharing your knowledge. I did a lot of extra troubleshooting I didn't have to but I am a little wiser for doing so.

You guys are priceless,, Thank You very much.

Regards,

Greg C

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Greg Coffey said:

I hooked it all up again and the pump motor worked. I unhooked the remote 12VDC and rewired the pump to power without the FUSE/HOLDER,,, everything is working fine,, lights are on the switches and good pressure.

Dr4,,, you had it figured,, thank you very much for sharing your knowledge. I did a lot of extra troubleshooting I didn't have to but I am a little wiser for doing so.

You guys are priceless,, Thank You very much.

Regards,

Greg C

Pictures would have been nice….difficult to follow.  ASSUME you do NOT, as posted, have a MPX system….which is what the 2005 Dynasty was supposed to be.

OK….a WORD or Background.  Monaco originally only had ONE upstream, per the print FUSE.  If you have the RV55 (Remco or original Aquatech), the OEM Pump did NOT have an inline fuse holder at the pump.  The only, and correct, fuse was for the controller.

IF your pump has the INLINE fuse holder, it is NOT orgiginal.  It is an AFTERMARKET replacement.  These stupid pull apart fuse holders are NOTORIOUS for failing.  AquaTech gave me a replacement pump.  They shipped the Aftermarket version.  OK, leave it in….redundant and not needed….but what the heck?  4 or 5 years later….it failed.  It corroded and such.  Quickly cut it out and used a Butt Splice and restored the circuit to the OEM print.

I have the MPX switching, but not controller.  The MPX has a 10A fuse for that circuit.  That is equivalent to your Intellitec Pump Control Circuit…

If you “bypassed”, that is FINE,…there was NEVER a fuse on any Monaco RV55 AquaTech pump.

Took awhile to sort out due to lack of info and pictures…. Please, in the future shoot a few pictures.  There are many instances where folks will offer advice for a year earlier or later.  OPPS….totally different.

Giving details and pictures helps make the resolution quicker and easier.  Some members have spent days looking for something that was supposedly on their MH based on a member owning the next year’s model….and the circuits were totally different.

In your case, the 2006 Dynasty is totally different…..with the addition of the MPX and god only knows what in 2006 when the Dynasty and up went totally electronic….

Just a comment that all members sometimes forget….and the 2005 folks get frustrated…. Happens in other years….2006/7 Camelot/Scepter are totally different from the 2008….and then changes were made for 2009….

EDIT….did not get back to page 1.  Yes…pictures do tell the tale.  

Tom,

Thanks for that explanation. I am sorry you did not get the pics I posted. Its the first time I posted Pics, obviously not properly. I had thought everyone sees them even if posting on a separate post. 

The water pump is a replacement from the original. Now that you mentioned it I vaguely remember the pump came with that inline fuse holder.

Regards,

Greg C

29 minutes ago, Greg Coffey said:

Tom,

Thanks for that explanation. I am sorry you did not get the pics I posted. Its the first time I posted Pics, obviously not properly. I had thought everyone sees them even if posting on a separate post. 

The water pump is a replacement from the original. Now that you mentioned it I vaguely remember the pump came with that inline fuse holder.

Regards,

Greg C

OK…I did not, as there was a ton of “housekeeping” and such this morning….back to page 1.  Edited my post and apologize.

NOT totally certain, but I thought Monaco was using the RV55 in 2005….KNOW they were of the Exec’s….and usually that included all models and up from the Dynasty/Imperial.

YES….as suspected….no MPX and such.  You MIGHT have to download the 2004 or 2003 prints….my “2005” Dynasty download is chocked full of MPX.  Check your manual….

Glad it is fixed and now you know…..

• Like 1